Question Will new ear pads fix pain issues on top of my head?

pati_yeet

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
Yesterday I went to a music store to try out the m50x’s from audio technica. I only had them on for a few minutes but as soon as I put them on, I have pain on the top of my head (where the headband is) but no pain on my ears. If I bought a pack of replacement ear pads from brainwavz, would the pain on the top of my head stop or would I have to buy cushioning for the headband as well? I’m planning to buy the m50x next week so I would like to know soon if I need to buy extra stuff for the headphones.

pati_yeet

Prominent
Dec 12, 2018
There's no way to know it would all be guesswork. If you tried them on and they hurt. I'd suggest getting different headphones.
The thing is, I don’t know what other headphones I should get in that price point. There aren’t really other headphones that I would like to get instead of the m50x

Yesterday I went to a music store to try out the m50x’s from audio technica. I only had them on for a few minutes but as soon as I put them on, I have pain on the top of my head (where the headband is) but no pain on my ears. If I bought a pack of replacement ear pads from brainwavz, would the pain on the top of my head stop or would I have to buy cushioning for the headband as well? I’m planning to buy the m50x next week so I would like to know soon if I need to buy extra stuff for the headphones.

Well first thing, not sure why you think different ear pads will help the top of your head. If your shoes hurt your feet you don't buy new gloves.

Try the TAKSTAR PRO 82 or Philips SHP9500, the 50x are not really recommended by anyone. Both of those are very comfortable without modifications are are one of the top picks for under $100. I will probably order a set of the Philips myself soon. One is closed back, one is open back so check on the audio signature of both to see which you may like better.

Reactions: Ralston18