Question Will Nvidia have competition?

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
I am new to the PC Gaming world. Will Nvidia have to compete with other Hardware manufacturers on the RTX-3XXX series cards? Any guesses as to when other vendors will enterthe race?

I have been told not to install a 2000 series card in a new system I am building because it cost too much new and is considered obsolete.

If I want to play now but don't want to be a RTX 30X0 early adopter, what is the best solution? Buy a 2000 card used?

What are some ideal choices and from where? I have un purchased parts for my build and that is why they are not listed ...yet!

Thanks in advance.

I say wait because am sure the prices of the 20s will go down due to fact the brand news ones are much better specs on them. Also you be seeing lots of used GPU when the 30s come out. But are you planning on buying the new GPU because if you are then suggest you wait and buy news ones instead going for the 20s!

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
I have been advised to wait. If a 2000 series goes down in price, new or used, I figure I can use one and move ahead on my build. The alternative is to have PC components sit in unopened boxes for however long,

Once the 3000s level off in price then I will pull the part time 2000 GPU and buy a reasonably priced RTX - 3070, 80 or 90 in the near future .

That is why I am asking when will other market participants come along and hopefully drive down the price. I do know however that no one has a crystal ball. Thanks for the feedback.