Question Will PCI 3.0 USB expansion card work with Elgato HD60 X ?

Herki Ellam

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2015
Ok so i bought Elgato HD60 X capture card for better streaming, but the issue is my old computer motherboard (ga-g41m-combo (rev. 2.0) )does not have 3.0 usb and even if it have 2.0 ubs it doesent seem to work any of them, becose there just red light blinging on elgato ,but when i tested it on my gaming pc 3.0 usb slot it was right away white and later blue .So will it work 100 % if i just buy PCI 3.0 USB expansion card ?

for example someting like this: https://www.photopoint.ee/komponend...s.ee&utm_medium=textlink&utm_campaign=product

Any way i will buy better system for it soon but that will probably take me 1 or 2 month savings, but it would be cheaper right now to just use a PCI 3.0 USB expansion card if it works.

motherboard: ga-g41m-combo rev 2.0
cpu :xeon e5450 its modified to 775 socket
ram :2x 4gb 1333mhz ddr 3

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
If the PCIe x1 slot next to the PCIe x16 slot is free, the USB3 card should fit.

You don't mention what Operating System you're using, so there's a vague chance you might need to manually install a driver to get the card working. This type of PCIe card sometimes comes with a mini-CD containing drivers.

Normally, Windows detects the card and loads a driver automatically.

Herki Ellam

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2015
If the PCIe x1 slot next to the PCIe x16 slot is free, the USB3 card should fit.

You don't mention what Operating System you're using, so there's a vague chance you might need to manually install a driver to get the card working. This type of PCIe card sometimes comes with a mini-CD containing drivers.

Normally, Windows detects the card and loads a driver automatically.
windows 10 64 bit

What happens if you connect it to a USB 2.0 port on your gaming PC?

The system requirements state a built-in USB 3.0 port is needed, and at least a 6th gen i5. They make a point of stating that even 4-core Pentium and Celeron processors don't meet the spec, while you're trying to run it on a modified Xeon. I don't think you're going to get usable performance. It might even be why it won't work at all.

Misgar

Commendable
Mar 2, 2023
I've upgraded old HP servers with dual Xeon processors by installing proprietary USB3.0 PCIe x1 cards and they work perfectly. Much faster than the original built-in USB2.0 ports.

Just bung a cheap $15 card in and see what happens.

Herki Ellam

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2015
I've upgraded old HP servers with dual Xeon processors by installing proprietary USB3.0 PCIe x1 cards and they work perfectly. Much faster than the original built-in USB2.0 ports.

Just bung a cheap $15 card in and see what happens.
yep i will,order just takes some time ,untill then i use obs teleport xD