Question Will SSD Benchmarks reduce its performance?

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
So I have a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB M.2 SSD, and I ran a couple of benchmarks today and yesterday on the benchmark provided by UserBenchmark. I'm not exactly sure how big of a stress test it does, but I did run it a couple of times to check some stats. My question is, will running SSD benchmarks affect its performance? I fully understand that It may reduce its lifespan, but will it slow down my SSD? I'd say I've run the benchmark around 3 times today, not all at once, but 2 in the morning, 1 at night. (They are like 1-minute benchmarks which test all your components: GPU, CPU, SSD etc, and the SSD benchmark only takes like 20-30 seconds) I ran a couple of benchmarks also yesterday as well.

So my main question is knowing that running benchmarks could reduce SSD lifespan, will they slow them down? Or are the speeds of the SSD unaffected? I'm a bit worried that I may have slowed down my SSD because of the benchmarks I did.

The only thing that really reduces performance is having it FULL - 10% minimum space free, but ideally about 20%

If you want to see performance is going down - install Hard Disk Sentinel - monitors all drives and lets you know when they are going to fail - must have!

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
The only thing that really reduces performance is having it FULL - 10% minimum space free, but ideally about 20%

If you want to see performance is going down - install Hard Disk Sentinel - monitors all drives and lets you know when they are going to fail - must have!

So benchmarks won't slow down my SSD speed?