Question Will the Gigabyte Windforce 4090 fit in my case which is the Silverstone RV01?

If you have more than 331mm(~13") to spare from the mounting point to the front, then you're good. However make sure you have at least 178mm (~8") from the PCIe slot to the side panel to account for the PCIe 12VHPwr cable bend.

EDIT: If you're worried about the length though, here's my situation and my card is roughly the same dimensions

6vesjLl.jpg

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited:

fustrun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
If you have more than 331mm(~13") to spare from the mounting point to the front, then you're good. However make sure you have at least 178mm (~8") from the PCIe slot to the side panel to account for the PCIe 12VHPwr cable bend.

EDIT: If you're worried about the length though, here's my situation and my card is roughly the same dimensions

6vesjLl.jpg

Sweet card! Which one is it?
It appears I only have 170mm from my slot to the side panel .. how critical is this?

fustrun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I had an FT02 which is the same case, but less plastic.

case has a different layout within to most
YNXmp5m.jpg

so only concern is clearance away from FAN below GPU.

silverstone show it as 33.8cm max for GPU

where did you get length of the card? its not on here - https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N4090WF3-24GD#kf
techpowerup show it as 33.1cm - https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/gigabyte-rtx-4090-windforce.b9744

you barely squeeze it in but with a 180mm fan under it, it should stay cool

So I am attaching a picture of my case and I have some metal railings before the fans which take up more room ... so the distance from the mounting brackets to the fans is 34cm (as best as I could measure) while the card is 33.1cm, where did you see it states the max length for a GPU? I could not find it ..

View: https://imgur.com/a/KhelOJM

Colif

Win 11 Master
It doesn't help that Silvertstone has a RV01 and a RVZ01, and they aren't the same sizes. Yours is ATX, the other is Mini ITX

the 330mm seems to apply still

Limitation of expansion card
Compatible up to 13.3" (337mm) long, width restriction-7.09" (180mm)

GPU can't be longer than that either.

when case was made, no one envisioned 4090 so it just says Full Spec as I fit a GTX 980 in with space. I wouldn't try to fit my 7900 xt in though

length is obvious, I assume width is how chunky card is. NO mention of its height restrictions, so its unclear if it will obstruct side panel. NO one thought of super tall cards. Its an old case you have there.

Last edited:
Sweet card! Which one is it?
It appears I only have 170mm from my slot to the side panel .. how critical is this?
I had another look at my source for that (http://jongerow.com/12VHPWR/), but it said the bend from the GPU side isn't necessarily a problem since it's up/down bend. It's the bend from the PSU side if you're using an ATX 3.0 connector as those typically left/right bends. So it might not be a problem, but I'm a little paranoid about this connector.

EDIT: Actually I realized this might be a problem with your case, since it rotates the motherboard 90 degrees. So the cable is likely going to have a left/right bend relative to the connector

Last edited:

fustrun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I am not sure what you mean as I never had these connectors .. I had quite a few GPU's in that case and the cables were a little bent but nothing ever happen .. or are you referring to the melt down fiasco when they are not seated properly ...

I am not sure what you mean as I never had these connectors .. I had quite a few GPU's in that case and the cables were a little bent but nothing ever happen .. or are you referring to the melt down fiasco when they are not seated properly ...
Yes. The 12VHPWR connector is finicky with how it's seated. Even if the plug is completely inside, the wires shouldn't be given too much mechanical stress (i.e., cable bending), otherwise the pins may not make proper contact inside the connector itself.

fustrun

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Yes. The 12VHPWR connector is finicky with how it's seated. Even if the plug is completely inside, the wires shouldn't be given too much mechanical stress (i.e., cable bending), otherwise the pins may not make proper contact inside the connector itself.
I see, thank you for all the assistance .. I might consider saving up for a new case then ..