Question Will the RM650X fit in my case the Cooler Master MasterBox MB320L?

Aug 12, 2022
I want to upgrade my PC but thats not possible with my current PSU, so I was looking into upgrading and saw the RM650X which looked like a good fit until I looked at my Case Specs and saw that it might not fit, I just need someone to clarify for me if I can make it fit, if I should look for a different case, if so whats a good budget friendly option? Thanks for the help,

Sarscarix041

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2015
I hate to disagree with the above heavy-weights but… the case specs have a minimum figure for “HDD cage in backmost position” and a maximum figure for “w/o [without] front radiator and HDD cage”. The latter [325mm] is huge. The former [140mm] is smaller than the power supply in question, and indeed than most of the ones I have seen.

It is not obvious how adjustable the HDD cage position is, and I do not know about water cooling thicknesses (although I imagine the is a standard)… but it looks to my inexperienced eye as though, • to fit the power supply in question, you would have to • do without mechanical HDDs or • have a one-fan-only radiator (or use air fans).

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Quite an old thread.

This is a non-existent problem with typical setups. NVMe storage plus SATA SSDs eliminates most of the need for 3.5" hard drives. Or just several NVMe drives.

If you want to be doing bulk storage with large drives, then a different case would be ideal.