[SOLVED] Will this be a good enough cooler for i5 11400f?

I heard that the intel stock cooler gets very heated.So will this one be a better cooler?
It is definitely better than Intel stock cooler. It is quite good for 4core/4thread cpus.
But your cpu is 6core/12thread and requires a bit better cooler than this.
You may experience it constantly changing speed and revving up/down all the time - accompanied with annoying sound.

Some better options would be
Bequiet Dark Rock 4 Pro,​
Cryorig H5.​

Mahir Niloy

Prominent
Dec 16, 2021
It is definitely better than Intel stock cooler. It is quite good for 4core/4thread cpus.
But your cpu is 6core/12thread and requires a bit better cooler than this.
You may experience it constantly changing speed and revving up/down all the time - accompanied with annoying sound.

Some better options would be
Bequiet Dark Rock 4 Pro,​
Cryorig H5.​
Non of them are in stock where i live.Is there a certain feature or specification of the cooler i should be looking at for 6core 12thread cpu?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
To be fair, and without knowing other factors of your use and install case, the stock Intel fan is designed to keep the CPU cool (enough) within most use cases. The issue with it will be the noise for one thing, and then reaching heat soak with uses like gaming. This can be helped or compounded by the case, the GPU and it's heat, airflow in relation to number of fans, bad design, wire clutter and more.
Almost any reputable branded aftermarket cooler used within the range of TDP it's designed for is going to be better than the stock cooler. Aside from that aspect, your CPU is locked, so you don't have to consider the cooling load that overclocking can add to your requirements.

For the $18 and the availability I really don't think you can go wrong with the selection you have made, so long as it fits.

Mahir Niloy

Prominent
Dec 16, 2021
To be fair, and without knowing other factors of your use and install case, the stock Intel fan is designed to keep the CPU cool within most use cases. The issue with it will be the noise for one thing, and then reaching heat soak with uses like gaming. This can be helped or compounded by the case, the GPU and it's heat, airflow in relation to number of fans, bad design, wire clutter and more.
Almost any reputable branded aftermarket cooler used within the range of TDP it's designed for is going to be better than the stock cooler. Aside from that aspect, your CPU is locked, so you don't have to consider the cooling load that overclocking can add to your requirements.

For the $18 and the availability I really don't think you can go wrong with the selection you have made, so long as it fits.
I will be using it for gaming 5-6 hours a day(at least for the next 2 months).Not sure about the other things that you said may affect heating.But my case is quite cheap and i got 2 fans on it.Wiring is terrible thats for sure.Will getting a better cooler be more safe or should this be fine?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Your best bet would be to use the system, monitor temps, and see if anything such as temp or noise goes beyond your level of acceptance to it. For instance, if it isn't too loud to you and there is no throttling going on then you have some extra gas money.

Mahir Niloy

Prominent
Dec 16, 2021
Your best bet would be to use the system, monitor temps, and see if anything such as temp or noise goes beyond your level of acceptance to it. For instance, if it isn't too loud to you and there is no throttling going on then you have some extra gas money.
[/QUOTE
Do u think this one is better?
https://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2019-12/7_12831.shtml

I dont want to do all that and then go to the shop again just to put a cooler on it.I dont know how to take out or put in parts in my casing.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
As an example, there is an i5 8400 system in the office that is only used for office style work and the occasional conversion of a (picture format) to .pdf and then editing it. When I bought the system the Intel cooler was bad and made a constant buzz in operation. The retailer would not work with me on that and had to go to Intel directly who wanted me to pay to return the fan and wait for them to send me a new one.

I ended up buying an Enermaxx fan with the ~80mm cooler for it. Cost me a couple of bucks past the price for shipping the stock one back. I am not sure in this use case that this CPU has ever seen 50C*
Obviously, there is some difference between these two CPU and the use case. The cooler I am talking about is probably about 50 to 60% as large as the one you are looking at. I can't hear it, it works fine.

If someone else is building it and there being done now, go ahead and select the one you are most comfortable paying for. As you mention there is no point in going back for this over roughly $20.