[SOLVED] Will this be enough for 1440p 240hz?

Solution
It looks very good. I don’t know anything about the psu you have chosen so I cannot comment on that apart from saying a top quality psu is essential with a 3080.

I think your biggest issue will be finding any 3080 in stock and that is close to that price.
It looks very good. I don’t know anything about the psu you have chosen so I cannot comment on that apart from saying a top quality psu is essential with a 3080.

I think your biggest issue will be finding any 3080 in stock and that is close to that price.

Solution
Not sure it’s the best, but it’s among the best for the price with very little to choose between a few models. I’m currently running a 3700x, 3080 and use 1440p 144Hz (LG GL83A) and it’s a brilliant combination. I had a 2080 Super before and was underwhelmed with it, the 3080 is a great choice.

MimeCA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
Not sure it’s the best, but it’s among the best for the price with very little to choose between a few models. I’m currently running a 3700x, 3080 and use 1440p 144Hz (LG GL83A) and it’s a brilliant combination. I had a 2080 Super before and was underwhelmed with it, the 3080 is a great choice.
I wonder which of the 3080s is the best choice

I wonder which of the 3080s is the best choice
To be fair there seem to be negligible performance difference between them and it seems to come down to luck. There can be a difference in noise though. I’m very happy with my Gigabyte Gaming OC. I was surprised when I saw a review of a top end 3080 with 3 power sockets and my Gaming OC actually beat it in the same benchmarks and overclocking. Mine seems lucky that it can hit 2100mhz on the gpu and not crash. At this point most people are just buying whatever they can find, the 3080 is a very hard card to find or at least it is here in the UK and it looks like this won’t change any time soon.

MimeCA

Honorable
Jul 3, 2015
To be fair there seem to be negligible performance difference between them and it seems to come down to luck. There can be a difference in noise though. I’m very happy with my Gigabyte Gaming OC. I was surprised when I saw a review of a top end 3080 with 3 power sockets and my Gaming OC actually beat it in the same benchmarks and overclocking. Mine seems lucky that it can hit 2100mhz on the gpu and not crash. At this point most people are just buying whatever they can find, the 3080 is a very hard card to find or at least it is here in the UK and it looks like this won’t change any time soon.
Is a 5900x worth the $100 price difference from a 5800x? If im only using it for gaming and editing some videos?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The 5800X is just really awkwardly priced. Plus there have been scattered reports of the 5800X being a bit hotter than some of the others, possibly due to the full implementation but on a single CCD.

I think what it comes down to is: if your workload isn't such that you see value in $100 extra for eight more threads, are you sure you're seeing value in the extra $150 over a 5600X to get four more threads?