[SOLVED] Will this work?

Julianqwerty

Reputable
Jun 16, 2016
Hi so am planning on upgrading my cpu to ryzen and i would like to know if this is a good choice and if they are compatible. As far as i can find on the internet they are, but i want to be 100% sure.

I already have storage, GPU and PSU so just a cpu upgrade, but I listed them anyway

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO- Gigabyte aorus b450 elite
RAM - corsair vengence lpx 16gb ddr4 3000mhz (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

already have:
PSU - corsair CX550
GPU - GTX1660ti

are these components compatible and would this be a good build?

hope someone can confirm this for me :)

Kind regards
Julian

Julianqwerty

Reputable
Jun 16, 2016
How the heck do you have 4,530 points and veteran status on here if you've never even done your first build? What?? And only 48 comments!
I have no idea. I have been planning on building a pc for a long time and i posted alot of question on this forum, but i kept being afraid that my parts somehow wouldnt work. But now am confident enough :) i just ordered al my parts and hope to build it tommorow!

(Btw i have done a simple cpu swap and gpu swap, but never a full system with mobo and all)

I have no idea. I have been planning on building a pc for a long time and i posted alot of question on this forum, but i kept being afraid that my parts somehow wouldnt work. But now am confident enough :) i just ordered al my parts and hope to build it tommorow!

(Btw i have done a simple cpu swap and gpu swap, but never a full system with mobo and all)

It won't be hard, the CPU and GPU swaps are honestly the hardest parts because they're the most expensive and delicate parts (plus putting on the heat-sinks are always annoying). So if you've got that experienced covered you should be fine. The other tasks are just tedious but I'm sure you can manage.

Small tip for building; put the CPU, CPU cooler (if it's not an AIO) and RAM on the motherboard first before putting the mother board in the case. Makes it much easier to install components without digging into the case.

How the heck do you have 4,530 points and veteran status on here if you've never even done your first build? What?? And only 48 comments!

Veteran badge is for being a member for 3 years, that gets you 3,000 points. And I am pretty sure the points are cumulative, so as you go up in rank, they add on, which would add up to over 4,000. 2 year is 1,000, I think 1 year is 500 and there is 30 points for posting, so 4,530 points.