Will tilting/turning your laptop occasionally cause any issues overtime?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
I occasionally tilt/turn my laptop around when in use and am wondering if doing so can affect the internals/the fans in any way that can cause strain/wear. Is this fine at any point?

Lutfij

Titan
I occasionally tilt/turn my laptop around when in use
Out of curiosity, why do you need to do that? If your laptop has a mechanical drive, it's best you don't induce anymore stress to said drive atop of it when it's under operation. If the laptop doesn't have an HDD in there, then well, you shouldn't need to worry though a laptop wasn't intended to be tilted on a regular basis. If (not for the HDD)anything you could degrade the hinges on the laptop.

Reactions: ShangWang

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
I occasionally tilt/turn my laptop around when in use
Out of curiosity, why do you need to do that? If your laptop has a mechanical drive, it's best you don't induce anymore stress to said drive atop of it when it's under operation. If the laptop doesn't have an HDD in there, then well, you shouldn't need to worry though a laptop wasn't intended to be tilted on a regular basis. If (not for the HDD)anything you could degrade the hinges on the laptop.
Thank you, if it has no effect on the fans/any other internal workings of the laptop that's great.

I have a bit of an OCD issue with my screen being "straight," it never really seems to be straight no matter how I angle it but I can't help but attempt to move it ever so slightly. I'm trying to avoid doing this but I'm also worried about any real internal stress I'm putting on the laptop so I wanted to ask.