Will Tim Cook Become the Next Steve Ballmer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdt77

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
"Will Tim Cook Become the Next Steve Ballmer?"

More importantly, will Tim Cook get the HUMANCENTiPad to read, where Steve Jobs could not?

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Ballmer is an excellent CEO with his own unique personality. Cook should take lesson and not to attempt wear the Zhivago on every presentation.. :D

Parge

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
I've just done a blog post on this

"Jobs is a perfectionist, with a real passion for the company, but what really differentiates Apple under Jobs is the way they are so successful at diversification. Apple sceptics will have in their armoury a whole raft of tablets that proceeded the iPad. And yet, none of them enjoyed any kind of mainstream success. Again, maybe the iPad is where tablets would be in 2013, but ignoring the dubious success of Apple TV, what Apple are really losing is Jobs Vision. His ability to take in the landscape and produce a product that is ahead of its time. Sales of the once revolutionary iPod classic are down 17%. No real concern, since Apple has replaced them with the iPod touch, and then the iPhone, but where do Apple go from here, and does the word 'innovative' appear anywhere on Tim Cooks CV?"

Read the full post here

As much as I look at Ballmer positively, the assessment is true. Microsoft is still very much defined by Gates, and if Apple is to survive then Cook must make his name synonymous with Jobs.

Now we all know that's a damn hard job, if not impossible.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Let me sum this article up for you:-Jobs = GOD-Cook = possibly Jesus-Ballmer = Model of failure-Gates = whatever, he's no Jobs.Right there on the ballpark.[/citation]
Wait, does that mean Jobs and Cook are the same person? And by the way- Gates did a ton- all of the crappy products Microsoft started putting out were right when Ballmer took over as CEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.