Question Will wires touching wifi antenna effect it?

Alectrona

Great
Jan 15, 2024
so this is quite strange I have just built my pc and my keyboard wire was touching my wifi antenna causing wifi issues. I was really confused for the last couple days trying to resolve the issue when I noticed my keyboards wire was touching the antenna after moving it the problem was resolved. Is this normal for a keyboard to interfere???

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
what was the "problem"?
internet not working? slow speeds?

yes, some cables can interfere if it carries a electrical charge (or sometimes even without carrying charge) only if it's making direct contact with the 'antenna' part, and not any plastic covering above it. It could still happen when it's close to the antenna as well. 🙂

so this is quite strange I have just built my pc and my keyboard wire was touching my wifi antenna causing wifi issues. I was really confused for the last couple days trying to resolve the issue when I noticed my keyboards wire was touching the antenna after moving it the problem was resolved. Is this normal for a keyboard to interfere???
Wire in close proximity to an antenna can definitely affect the propagation of its RF signal and, as you saw, as soon as you move the wire away return to normal.