Question Win 10 Blue Screen

Jun 22, 2019
Hi y'all,

I recently updated my Windows 10 and am now experiencing a blue screen. Here are a list of things I've tried thus far...

-Resetting the PC (but I get a message that "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.")

-Startup Repair (but I get a message that "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC." I also get a Log file: "C:\\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" - but I'm not sure what, if anything, that means.

-"Use a Device" option, of which I can either use "Onboard NIC (IPV4)" or "Onboard NIC (IPV6"; both options lead to the message "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC." I even created a recovery disk using a flash drive and my cousin's computer, but my computer doesn't show my flash drive as an option when I click on "Use a device."

-"Go back to a previous version," but then I geta message that "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead."

-Going into UEFI Firmware Settings, but I'm not sure what to do once I'm there.

-I don't have any System Image to Recover Windows to.

-Under Startup Settings, I'm not able to boot the computer into Safe Mode, or any of the other options it gives me (1-9). Hitting F10 for other options, and then hitting F1 for "Launch Recovery Environment" only takes me back to the same blue screen.

I would love any suggestions if you have them. Thanks for your time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - handy boot drive if nothing else

unfortunately almost every time I see C:\\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt it leads to a clean install being the fastest way to fix it.

Is there anything on hdd you want to save? Clean install will wipe entire drive so save anything now you want to keep - steps below show you how to access documents etc

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

once you copied everything off C you want to save,

boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/