Win 7 Recurring Updates

Senial43

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hello All,

A few days ago I installed 5 important updates. Since then every time I shut down my computer it installs the same 5 updates. I'm so baffled. Here are the 5 updates:

Windows 7 Ultimate 5 Recurring Updates:

KB2487367 Security Update .NET Framework 4
KB2656351 Security Update .NET Framework 4
KB2468871 Update .NET Framework 4
KB2533523 Update .NET Framework 4
KB2600217 Update .NET Framework 4

I never experienced this before. Thanks for any ideas and help you can provide.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
wow, never seen that windows update repair tool. I can't tell u how many time's I've seen that issue. typically I just wait till the next MS Tuesday, and they install updates over top any busted ones. lol. Or cleaning out temp files will sometimes delete corrupt downloads and allow for a fresh DL of the busted updates.

MC_K7

Distinguished
Also had problems in the past with recurring .NET Framework updades. I don't know if it's the same for you but the source of my problem was a corrupted Framework installation. I had to download a Microsoft tool to uninstall ALL .NET Framework versions from the PC and manually reinstall them. The tool took hours to clean and uninstall .NET because that PC probably had all possible versions of .NET installed but in the end it did the trick.

Senial43

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks for all the responses! I'll give you a heads up on what I have tried:

I downloaded .NET Framework 4 from the Windows site and tried repairing but the problem with the update was still recurring.
I have tried to delete .Net Framework 4 Extended and Client but Windows would not allow me even in safe mode.

I'm going to try the next suggestion and try using the MS Tool that "SR-71" recommended. If that does not work I'll try "das_stig" method and Stop windows update service, delete all the files in c:\windows\softwaredistribution.

Hopefully one of those solutions will work. Thanks everyone! I'll update after I try these suggestions.

Senial43

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012

I was able to do this in safe mode only but after a reboot and installing those 5 updates I rechecked for updates and they popped up again. This is a tough one for me. Thanks for your suggested solution. I learned something new because of you.

I also tried the link MC_K7 provided but it still has not fixed the recurring update for .Net Framework 4. Any other suggested solutions I could try?

TRENDING THREADS