Win 8 Touch Ultrabook Makers Flirting With Form Factors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Making them like the Asus Transformer Prime. Let the user decide if they want to add the keyboard/trackpad or if they just want the tablet portion.

G

Touch will "increase the thickness by 0.7 to 1.5-cm"?!? That can't be right. Maybe you mean mm.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Enizagam[/nom]Making them like the Asus Transformer Prime. Let the user decide if they want to add the keyboard/trackpad or if they just want the tablet portion.[/citation]

You mean the HP TC1100 or Acer W500? History.. easily forgotten by people making posts

G

mikenygmail, all of your trolling for AMD has made me not want to ever buy one again. You are hurting them more than helping them. Maybe you are really an Intel troll and you are just trying to make AMD look bad by posting such stupid crap on every article. Whatever it is, please stop before you turn everyone off to AMD.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
[citation][nom]Metric Guy[/nom]Touch will "increase the thickness by 0.7 to 1.5-cm"?!? That can't be right. Maybe you mean mm.[/citation]
hopefully they mean mm and not cm as that thing will be very thick and not even a ultrabook / ultralight anymore if it is 1.5cm but

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]fold 270º and touch; unfold 90º and type, type, type; fold 270º touch; unfold ... this is going to make me ultramad[/citation]Not to mention the wear and tear on the hinge. XD

I agree with most others here, give us a thin and light portable tablet with ridiculously long battery life, and pair it with a decent docking keyboard that doesn't cost an additional $200.

I think many of these companies have concept designs from years ago that envisioned these types of laptops. Maybe today's processor technology and Windows 8 can finally make it happen.

I think a 12" transforming laptop/tablet would be an ideal size for a student.

Fingerprints.
I wouldn't use the touchscreen in laptop mode, only in tablet mode.

Operating System:
Hopefully the OS automatically switches from a traditional laptop screen to a tablet mode. For example, in laptop mode I'd like my e-mail to be something like Outlook, but in tablet mode I want a more simple interface and I want the program to be able to switch, automatically, while still ON and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.