Win A Custom-Painted Falcon Northwest Tiki!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

This machine is magnificent. SO MUCH functionality packed into such a wonderful form . . . wow. I'd pay Apple prices for that kind of rig.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Why are you legally limitated to US Residents ?
As far as i know only limitations apply to sensitive hardware/information - which these are neither (more components are manufactured outside USA - only assembled there)!

[citation][nom]_Cosmin_[/nom]Why are you legally limitated to US Residents ?As far as i know only limitations apply to sensitive hardware/information - which these are neither (more components are manufactured outside USA - only assembled there)![/citation]

For legal reasons, although possible, it is expensive to do that. It's not really because they can't, it's because they don't want to spend the exorbitant fees.

fnbrowning

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003
A eBay seller that calls himself "hattrik21" put the sweepstakes Tiki on eBay. Item 251199225060
The auction was ended early. I hope Falcon Northwest had it pulled.
It was obvious from the auction description that "hattrik21" was a CONTEST PIG who never had any intention of using the Tiki for it's intended purpose. By his greedy and self-serving behavior, he has s--t on the spirit of the contest, and kept the Tiki from being won by someone who may have never afforded a Tiki, or at least, would have appreciated using it for it's intended purpose.
SHAME on "hattrik21" and contest pigs!

invokerisk

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the update. I was checking this page everyday and my email in vain hope it seems. Hopefully future contests will award prizes to people who will really cherish them rather than flipping them for a profit.

mpdugas

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I had written to Tom's on December 1st, 2012, inquiring about when the winner would be announced. Barry Gerber told me:

"The Falcon Northwest Sweepstakes ended on November 20th. There were over 8,000 valid entrants. It takes about 2 weeks to get all of the legal matters completed that are connected with each contest/sweepstakes. We will announce the winner in a news article as soon as everything is complete."

I guess I missed the announcement of the winner; even though I checked the website every day since.

Did anyone see the winner announced?

G

[citation][nom]fnbrowning[/nom]A eBay seller that calls himself "hattrik21" put the sweepstakes Tiki on eBay. Item 251199225060The auction was ended early. I hope Falcon Northwest had it pulled.It was obvious from the auction description that "hattrik21" was a CONTEST PIG who never had any intention of using the Tiki for it's intended purpose. By his greedy and self-serving behavior, he has s--t on the spirit of the contest, and kept the Tiki from being won by someone who may have never afforded a Tiki, or at least, would have appreciated using it for it's intended purpose.SHAME on "hattrik21" and contest pigs![/citation]
He won, he can do anything with it (he will pay taxes). I won a SBM system three years ago, still use it to this day and writing this comment with the exact same components that were featured in that build. The only thing i sold off was the GPUs and PSU, upgrade to a GTX 480, Seasonic x760, and Megahalems. Swapped to my own trusted AMD 955. If i was chosen, i would have kept the Tiki, i really wanted a small enclosure. Would have sold off the WD green hard drive and memory. Swap in a WD RE4 2TB hard drive and Samsung 8GB low profile memory. Sigh.. I really wanted to win the Tiki with the custom Tom's Hardware paint job and show it friends.... One thing i regret not to do after receiving the SMB was to say "Thank You" and updated on what i added to the system (Xonar, sleeving, fan noise damping, cable management, ect).

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]He won, he can do anything with it (he will pay taxes). I won a SBM system three years ago, still use it to this day and writing this comment with the exact same components that were featured in that build. The only thing i sold off was the GPUs and PSU, upgrade to a GTX 480, Seasonic x760, and Megahalems. Swapped to my own trusted AMD 955. If i was chosen, i would have kept the Tiki, i really wanted a small enclosure. Would have sold off the WD green hard drive and memory. Swap in a WD RE4 2TB hard drive and Samsung 8GB low profile memory. Sigh.. I really wanted to win the Tiki with the custom Tom's Hardware paint job and show it friends.... One thing i regret not to do after receiving the SMB was to say "Thank You" and updated on what i added to the system (Xonar, sleeving, fan noise damping, cable management, ect).[/citation]
No worries, we hear you now and are glad to hear you're still enjoying the system. Would be fun to track down the winners of the SBM machines to see how they're suiting them in 2013 =)

hattrik21

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
Yes I won it and did consider selling it as I didn't need 2 gaming computers but decided to keep it convert my old gaming machine into a media/file server and just sell off the Vid Card and some other things from that instead. The Tiki was just too sexy to let go. Thanks again to Tom's Hardware and Falcon North-West!

G

Is this chap some kind of retard?, a cursory glance reveals that the qx9775 was released back in the dim and distant year of 2007. And this is an 'old timer.

I suspect that when I was in Baghdad he was in his dad's bag, and as for that paint job, it appears to have been designed by an idiot using imagination suppressing drugs.

Utter shite and it leads me to suspect that the only reason Toms are giving it away is that it couldn't be sold due to its inherent gestalt of non-artistic merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.