Win a free copy of GTA V!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanski1995

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
When I was younger like 9 I was able to convince my parents to get me GTA because it would teach me what not to do in real life. Today I can say I won and I have loved GTA since GTA III.

Damian Kaizer

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I don't really have any solid adventures in the game beside trying to activate as many cheats as possible and seeing the mayhem it can cause...

But as far as a solid memory from GTAs past... and the reason why I absolutely fell in love with the series rests with Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. In a time when the only games with good stories were JRPGs, San Andreas gave us a "real" story of life in "the hood," something I had never really had known because of my low-class, white upbringing. This story was fascinating to me nevertheless. Stories of love and loss, trust and betrayal, with some of the best plot twists in gaming history. I actually felt a connection to every character in the game and even though I was just some white kid, I felt as if I could understand it all. I'm sure that sounds silly, but I mean, what can you do.

tl;dr San Andreas was and still is my favorite game in the series. I heard that Grove Street is in Grand Theft Auto V. Give me the chance to see that place again in glorious HD.

Thank you for the opportunity.

ngurahgde

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Me and my brother love GTA series so much. Back then we only had one console (Playstation 2) so if he is at home I can't really play the mission because he always beg me to play 2 player mode. You all know we can't play as CJ with player 2 right? That's the problem. My brother really realllyyy like CJ and me as an older brother, really hate playing as the player 2. So one day we really fought over the player 1 controller, we fought like a pro mma fighter. I was going to tie my brother hands using the controller cable but suddenly BAMM!
The Playstation 2 fall from 1 meter wall shelves. It broke. Can't game. No more GTA.
But no problem! I've got my second Playstation 2 one and a half year later. We worked at our parents business, saved some money and bought it with our money again just to play GTA.
But that time. I give in and let my brother play as player 1.
That is our best GTA moments .

Sorry for bad english, it's not my native language hahaha

fliggopolis

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
I just love causing mayhem in the city in GTA IV. It's fun to see how much of a mess I can get myself into before I inevitably get killed.

Maverickwolf

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
I remember playing San Andreas trying to loose weight to go on one of the date mini games and thinking, "Man, this is just as tedious as it is in real life!"

prfallen1

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
GTA stories ? I don't have a GTA 5 story because i can not afford a copy ( i'm a Romanian who earns 200 $ / month with an 8 hours/day job - 5 days/ week) But i hope i win a copy ( alltho i never do) and then imma write plenty of stories because i keep watching the game on twitch and the fun those streamers have is incomparable to any other games i played/saw them on stream. I mean this is literally the most amazing gameplay i have seen on any other games. Previous version were fun but GTA 5 is the most amazing game thus far in the industry imho.
P.S: Excuse my bad English, i am struggling with typing.
P.S2: Good luck on the draw for all of you and enjoy the game for the ones who own it !

My steam account is : http://steamcommunity.com/id/iTheKillaVanilla

guitargod1174

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2013
Ahhh it was back when GTA San Andreas was out for PC. The game was already fun enough, but then the cheats where discovered. The flying car mod was life. And the mayhem caused with the weapon sets was pure carnage. San Andreas was one of the first adult games that I played so i spent a lot of time playing it.

I remember GTA III when I got 6 stars... On the phone. Me and my friends was like, HOLY ****!!! xDDDDDDDD
Then we just kinda rolled on the floor laughing our a**** off. We went back to the game and I survived 5 more minutes. It was definitely my most hilarious moment in GTA, and maybe my favorite and best.

hazzac181

Reputable
Sep 30, 2014
My favorite GTA moment was when you could go from a crew cut to an afro after a "haircut" at the hairdressers. I loved GTA: SA for the PS2...

mastersson

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hearing the immortal words in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from Big Smoke: ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN CJ. Took me a number of tries (like most I presume) to complete that darn mission!

FPSgam3rz

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
I've been playing GTA V for xbox 360, hope to get it for pc soon! One of my favorite moments would probably be just plain messing around and killing people with a group a friends.

Lars Schoonewelle

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Probably the first time playing GTA 3. That's a game that I will never forget. The whole feel surrounding the game, the way it looks and the way it sounds. Makes me want to play it all over again. A big part of my childhood.

Puppydoggie

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
The moment in Vice City when I entered a story cutscene after entering the code to play as Mercedes Cortez and hearing her talk in a male voice. Best GTA MC~ it was like playing Dr. Girlfriend from Venture brothers.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
lol so many accounts on here created on april 14th with 1 post... should DQ accounts created on or after the 14th, probably all people submitting multiple entries

(please exclude me from the drawing I already have it :pt1cable:)

edit: meant to say 14th not 15th

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador

Don't worry; we have ways of seeing people who are trying to cheat, and they'll be disqualified without being informed ;)

skylanepilot

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

:fou: that's ridiculous. I was like the 2nd post and came back thinking "wow lots of interest!" Didn't realize this was occurring, but it's good to see titillating is on top of it.

By the way, how do you like the game? I hope to acquire it soon.

DasHotShot

Honorable

You mean, hopefully win it soon :)

Having played it on PS4 at a friends, it is amazing fun!

PC must be off the hook!

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

It's amazing and I'm glad they took their time releasing it on PC (lots of people were worried that it wouldn't be properly optimized for PC) because it works very well

NA_xGG

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
My most memorable GTA moment was when I checked the tomshardware.com forums upon release of GTA V. I mean.. I could have cried. It was beautiful seeing all these people create "Can I Run It" threads. I can't wait to start my own thread when I'm ready to buy the game. I only wish I could have started the pandemic..

DasHotShot

Honorable

I think this has slowly taken a hold of your mind and caused it to unravel...

NA_xGG

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

It was my only chance at winning LOL I had to try to get my free copy, man.. sometimes humor goes a long way :D

GanD

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
GTA1 - Back in 90's. found on uncle's PC - Oh my, those top-down perspective, people running, cars crashing and blowing up, those krishna (ya, those orange guys) uhm... popping. Total shock! Game itself from todays perspective might not be anything special (well, was playing a lot of Quake back then) but still has a special place in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.