Win a free copy of GTA V!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CuttlefishZero

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
I've had a lot of fun moments, but I think the most amusing and fun personally is in GTA IV. There's an archway with some ramp shaped blockades in front of it at the end of a bridge and long straight bit of road. My friends and I would go online and just grab cars and motorcycles and see who could do the craziest stunts off those little ramps. It was a blast.

chargerbandit

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Great memories of GTA Vice City in my childhood... after school would end me and my friend would go to my house and just play the hell out of it, over and over again, it was a holy grail of videogames for us. I didn't have a computer before so as soon as my parents got me my first used PC I installed GTAVC and my bro was dissapointed cause his crappy ATI Rage GPU wouldn't run it so he went and bought a new card. Ah, nostalgia.

kozicki

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Multiple times in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (or however it is spelled), I would use the trucks with the ramps on them to hop over the HUGE fence to get to the airport and steal a small plane and fly around with it. Then i would go flying around and do cool tricks like flying straight up and stalling. I'd also go really low near the city and fly straight up a tall building and flying away upside down but one time i tried that while a jet was chasing me ,since i had like 5 stars, when i pulled up on the building the jet following me rammed straight into the building and blew up. Twas hilarious.

Telee

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
A long long time ago a new kind of game was released. It's name was Grand Theft Auto. It wasn't GTA I, II, III, IV ...
At the time it was the one and only. It was so much fun. Took a bit of time to get used to driving in a 2D way but at the time it was a blockbuster.
Whoever have played may remember nuns or school children walking in lines throughout the city and the COMBOs related them...
Or maybe so much time have passed since I actually played it and nuns weren't actually nuns and just some black pixels that weren't easy to identify :pt1cable:

Wouldn't mind getting a copy of the GTA V after playing all the others.

sonofbunny

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
My favorite moments in GTA are just when I'm driving around at night in the city, blasting some music, and just having a good time. I do it every time I play and it's just a great feeling, getting away from the violence.

daemonia

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
The one mission in GTA V when you have to snipe a target based on the description by Mr. K. Pick the right target early and trigger a funny scene.

Santiago Fermin

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
GTA IV on PC; That mission when you need to look at a phone through the sniper rifle to call the number so you can kill a guy when he pick up the phone. I was like WOW! A whole new mechanic never seen in any video game before. GTA always as a game changer!

lesmore2222

Reputable
May 30, 2014
Discovering and playing MTA for GTA:SA. Race, Destruction Derby and Cops and Robbers. It was complete chaos. Loved it. It was the beginings of today's GTA online.

phantomtofu

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
I played the original at a friend's house when I was way too young (like 6 years old). Maybe it's about time I got back into the franchise!

Bikemaster47

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
My favorite moment in GTA was when I got GTA:SA in 2006 and it wasn't run. I had some problems with GPUs drivers and i had to reinstall my OS specially for that game! It took me ages because of old HDD, all the drivers and programs etc. That was awkward, but kinda funny experience to do all that things for ONLY ONE GAME. In hindsight, I can say that it was WORTH!

TOCS

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Grand Theft Auto 2 is really where it began for me, and it's also where I have my most fond memories even though I've played all of them (yes, even the spin-offs on PSP).

The funny gibberish voice acting when answering a phone and beating up a bunch of Elvis-followers was always fun! I still remember the cheesy intro line when first starting a game, "And remember, respect is everything!". I don't have any specific memory to address simply because the early Grand Theft Auto games altogether were a part of my childhood -- they melted together in a nice car theft-cocktail.

Besides that, I remember browsing through the hardware charts of Tom's with my dad like 8 years ago because I heard a new Grand Theft Auto game was hitting the streets soon (at the time, GTA IV for consoles). I wanted to be prepared and the performance-per-dollar charts were great for finding the right parts. I've been using those charts ever since when buying new parts.

pcfan1

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
My favourite moment is whenever I changed to Trevor and he'd be somewhere lost in underwear and you'd wonder what he had been up to there, haha

apoklyps3

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
biggest fun i had was playing and online unofficial mod of gta san andreas. used to team up with my neighbours and kick some ass almost like in clan match. super fun.

TiagoPereira

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Before GTA my life was crazy, I Picked up the car in the morning unaware of any red light causing chaos in traffic. On the street people looked at me sideways and it irritated me causing me to give them some punches from time to time. I used to annoy the police, and play with them until I was arrested :pfff:
I'm not upset, I can do exactly the same here in prison playing GTAV . The worst thing is bath time :ouch:

Montak

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
After downloading GTA 4 on my 360 after having bought it on sale my wife walks in and asks why I'm not playing any of the story. My response was "nobody plays GTA for the story honey." "Then why do they play it?" she asked. I responded "To have sex with hookers,kill them, and get your money back."

mazdarati2

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
Oh man I remember when I and 2 other friends were playing IV and we just played it for hours. Man I enjoyed that night. Shooting, driving, dying and that all night long. That was awesome.

MoonfranK

Reputable
Jun 4, 2014
Awww man, can't believe that it's been more than a decade since i played GTA Vice City for the first time at my friend's house. Blew me away, and i've got to admit that i was pretty bad at it because i was used to playing in my PSX lol. So i got GTA II, which was not quite the same thing (admittedly) but a ton of fun nonetheless. Years later (and with a modest PC setup at hand) i got San Andreas and a lot of time wasted came along with it. That map was friggin' giant (and still is by today standards)! I don't know if i spent more time playing it or watching my friends do so but man, those were some good times alright...

AuronIII

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
I remember on GTA San andreas certain mission, where you have to pilot a propeller plane. I crashed it the first time. And te second too. And again, and again, and again...

It's reminds me a simulator, it was subtly complicated!! But it was really funny.

uberchemist

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
I haven't played GTA since the 90's, but I'm ready to jump back in. The first 2-D games were pretty fun! I got into the True Crime series mostly because I stuck with Nintendo for a good decade. That's as close as you could get to the GTA experience. I hope they will come out with more. Sleeping Dogs (ie True Crime HK) was excellent on the PC, I might add.

Darkner

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
The best thing in vice city was entering BIGBANG I think just when you enter a car, and then immediately ASPIRINE to fix it, and then you were able to drive a blown up car, which was black and all :) as pretty much everyone in San Andreas I enjoyed playing with the cheatcodes to make pedestrians carry guns, attack each other and the player as well. So fighting with citizens and the flying away with your bike, or with a car. Ahhh the cheatcodes were da thang :D

DBMDBN

Reputable
Nov 12, 2014
Definitely in GTA SA; first getting a five star wanted level and wreck havoc from inside the hanger !!

Status
Not open for further replies.