Win XP wont load, hangs at splash screen

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kman1981

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Well I tried getting Win 7 on a bootable disc. I followed a bunch of instructions that I found on youtube.com but for some reason I couldn't burn it onto a disc. Kept getting an error even if I followed each step perfect.

Anyway, I looked at clearing my CMOS but the battery is soldered on. I just messed with it a little bit to see if its lose or anything thing but I didn't want to rip it out and solder another on cause I've never done that before. So I put everything back together, turned on my laptop and it finally booted up to the Windows Install screen. FINALLY!! Thanks for everyones help and patience.

Aford10, thanks for helping me out for as long as you did. I learned a lot about troubleshooting and burining ISO's through all this. Have a good Christmas man!

Kieth

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

Hi,
I have the same problem but don't think its either the power supply or the memory because it stays on all the time I want to leave it on the windows splash screen. The only thing is that mine shuts off after few minutes when I use a bootable CD. Plus even if i use safe mode with cmd prompt, it doesn't give me the command prompt... I don't have a windows 7 disk but i am using a windows xp sp2. Please let me know at kj_23@hotmail.com, if you have found any solution.
Thanks,
Kieth

Status
Not open for further replies.