Question win10 install we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one

Luna_4

Commendable
May 6, 2017
I'm trying to install windows 10 on my new system and get this error message, all the fixes I can find online involve going into command prompt and using diskpart to make a new partition. This doesn't work because it changes it from GPT to MBR and since this is a UEFI system MBR won't work

D

Deleted member 14196

During the windows install you choose advanced and choose to delete all partitions and it will format and reinstall windows

Luna_4

Commendable
May 6, 2017
I tried installing from a bootable USB, after research I found this problem can occur with USB 3.0, which I was using, so I tried booting into Linux and made a small new partition on my empty drive. After that I copied the files from the usb to the new partition and tried installing from the partition to the larger partition on the drive and got the same error

D

Deleted member 14196

usb 3 has nothing to do with it. try a different stick and use the WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION TOOL to make the usb. follow the instructions listed above. if that doesn't work you have hardware issues.

i have installed windows off usb 3.0 ports all day long on all kinds of computers. just get a cheapo 8GB usb stick and start again.

Luna_4

Commendable
May 6, 2017
usb 3 has nothing to do with it. try a different stick and use the WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION TOOL to make the usb. follow the instructions listed above. if that doesn't work you have hardware issues.

i have installed windows off usb 3.0 ports all day long on all kinds of computers. just get a cheapo 8GB usb stick and start again.
Tried the creation tool with a new stick and a different drive and the issue persists

TRENDING THREADS