Win10 Slower than my Win7?

DEATHREAPER363

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
So i just upgraded to Win10 after it installed it seemed slow and my usb WiFi adapter wouldnt enable so i couldnt go online. im plan to downgrade back to 7 because its way faster.

Windows 10 is FASTER than 7 for most things, though not by much. The issues you describe are bad driver related, especially if you're using old 802.11g/n devices that are no longer supported by the manufacturer. Try updating drivers to the newest Windows 10 compatible versions before reverting, since reverting carries a higher risk of malfunction than upgrade.

DEATHREAPER363

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

I updated my latest WiFi adpater driver but it still didnt work on the netgear site it said the adapter if compatible so i have no idea why it wouldnt work.

Fulano5321

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015
Windows 10 has a lot of driver issues it seems, but I'm sure people are working on it.

On my computer I just dual booted it, installed Windows 7 on a different partition so I can check back and forth to see the improvements.

BlueFireZ

Honorable
Sep 10, 2014
Thats wierd, I took my old laptop (from 2009 when there was Vista) out of the dust and upgraded it to Win 10 and its just become faster and more responsive, not to mention the clean look. I have seen only one bug so far and that's a white box that appears for a fraction of a second after turning on the laptop. As the others said, try to get all your drivers up to date and make sure your installing all the bug fix updates Microsoft is rolling out.

Fulano5321

Reputable
Aug 10, 2015

Ya, my old computer was missing the display driver for it's integrated chip, a driver for the WIFI and something would cause a blue screen about twice a day. But it was more obscure parts so it's not so much of a surprise that drivers weren't available yet.