Win10 upgrade still free for assist. tech users?

Solution

Mine did this when I tried upgrading, try unplugging any connection to your router, Ethernet ,WiFi etc. That fixed mine crashing/stopping altogether. Cannot remember what mine did but that fixed it and it worked afterwards.

joecap

Commendable
Nov 23, 2016
Also, I couldn't even get Win 7 to do updates, but I was using the original distribution (not SP1) If anyone knows a way around this, I sure would be interested!!!!

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

So no free upgrade, it sounded a bit strange... If a key wasn't so much I would maybe buy it...

did you not read the two posts about assistive technology upgrades?

xFeaRDom

Estimable

Mine did this when I tried upgrading, try unplugging any connection to your router, Ethernet ,WiFi etc. That fixed mine crashing/stopping altogether. Cannot remember what mine did but that fixed it and it worked afterwards.

Solution

edward78

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010

Not sure yet, didn't try... The key is a bit small in the case can the install from a USB/DvD get the key from win7 if it is installed already...

That is strange...

xFeaRDom

Estimable

Yeah, I think it kept failing or crashing and reverting back to Windows 7, searched it up online and got really confused at how it would work, but it did :p