Question Win7 Not Prompting For Password After Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
My legit copy Windows 7 on my desktop refuses to ask for a password when waking it up from Sleep Mode.

PLEASE NOTE:
- I know the difference between Hybernation and Sleep. I am 100% sure I'm using Sleep Mode.
- I already went into the Power Options in both the Advanced Settings for Plans and the Control Panel. They both are ticked to Ask For Password.

All this being said, I'm still not getting a prompt to enter my password when waking up from Sleep Mode.
I am using an Asrock z77 Extreme6 motherboard and I also did not see a Password After Sleep option in the BIOS.

Thank you for your time in advance.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014

And of course someone like you comes along and ignores everything I've said within the details.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014

I'll have to check the events, but all the fans, hardware, lights and ports turn off, so I don't see why it wouldn't.

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014

All I can find in the event viewer on Kernel Power are 6 instances where the kernel power manager initiated a shutdown transition.
Nothing else related...

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014

No, because I put my computer to sleep every night. these 6 instances were aligned with me shutting it off completely. Also, I don't know where the auto-login option even is. The power setting has the tick checked to ask for password on wakeup, if that's what you're referring to. But sure, I'll try changing the password and letting it sleep when I can, but I don't see why that would be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.