Question Window Fans

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
So, growing up every window i ever had opened from left to right, not sure if there was one that went right to left, but they were tall sheets of glass framed in some kind of metal, and slid on metal rollers in a metal track. This has been a thing for the greater part of my entire life.
When i was younger i visited my grand fathers and grand mothers places, and was blown away by this new, outlandish window, it goes up and down, instead of left and right... I've never seen such a thing...

Now, i get that is the OLD way of window making, so my question comes to this...

WHY THE HELL ARE WINDOW FANS BASED OF AN OLD STYLE?!?!?!!?!?
(slightly mad, yes, more disappointed in neophobic companies refusing to make NEW things)

I have a window that is... lets say 45, cuz its more like, 43.5, but if the fan spacers can reach to 45 i know it will reach and fit.
So, a 45" wide capable Window Fan...
oh, look at that, a week of searching google, amazon, WALFART, and the widest i've seen is 37... and ALL show them used in up/down windows!!!!

THE EXCEPTION:
a $100+ "whole house" window fan that is 20x20 and pumps over 10k cfm.

OH COME ON SRSLY?
this is becoming a mockery nearly. GIMME A WINDOW FAN FOR MY WINDOW Q_Q

sorry, it was 102 today, and i'm allergic to heat it would appear... This house only has a heater, Father thinks an A/C would only ruin the house.

When you slide the window open, you don't need to slide it all the way, just wide enough to fit the fan. Of course then the issue is you have this big open area on top of the fan. I would guess the reason there are not many fans made for side sliding windows is that there is no good way to block the large space on top.

Or you can mount the fan sideways in the window.

Reactions: Nafryti