[SOLVED] Windows 10 and Blue Screen and Research ?

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
Is there a local Utility or Log file where you can look at an event and determine why Windows 10 crashed and generated a blue screen ?
I know there are a handful of reasons but I want to know why specifically. Thanks in advance.

Solution
if you return the sticks for RMA, you should get a new set in return for free. No need to buy any

Does anyone have any experience of using the Warranty to obtain a replacement? I would assume I have to call them. Hopefully the turnaround time will not be months given the shipping problems. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.gskill.com/rma << fill in form

Can I buy(1) 64GB stick to go with the good 16GB stick if one good one still exists?
not a good idea with Ryzen, they work better with matching sticks. That and I don''t think you can buy 64gb dimms yet. Biggest is 32gb as most motherboards max ram amount is 128gb now, no point selling ram sticks that could add up to more than what MB can access...

Colif

Win 11 Master
handful. I wish. I help fix them around here, if there were only a few reasons for them I would have it easy. Everyone is unique

also wish there was a utility.
can try running the BSOD troubleshooter if you on 10 - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/62704-run-bsod-error-troubleshooter-windows-10-a.html though I never run it myself, curious what results are.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
handful. I wish. I help fix them around here, if there were only a few reasons for them I would have it easy. Everyone is unique

also wish there was a utility.
can try running the BSOD troubleshooter if you on 10 - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/62704-run-bsod-error-troubleshooter-windows-10-a.html though I never run it myself, curious what results are.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
Thanks. Will reinstall Windows 10 then look for broken Hardware.

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
Bluescreen error message says Memory Management. I read to start in Safe Mode and run Msched. When I launched, It immediately said there was a Hardware issue. I know I am jumping the gun but...IF I need to by new Memory, do I have to buy both sticks? Can I buy(1) 64GB stick to go with the good 16GB stick if one good one still exists? If I have to buy (2), what would be a good set?Corsair, Kingston, etc.

I would prefer to buy from Amazon but I am flexible. My machine usage involves watching a lot of TV, YouTube, playng Division 2 and Office computing.
More games in the future. Is 64 GB for what I do overkill?
Again, this might be premature so please be kind. IfMSSched is a useles utility, please let me know of a better one..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
Victory!!

I downloaded and ran Mem86. This involved removing each 16 GB stick of RAM one at a time. I went to Level 4 on the first one with no problems. The second mdule failed the Level 2 Test.

I was doing some research and discovered that there is a lifetime warranty on G skil's memory provided that you didn't throw it against the wall.

Does anyone have any experience of using the Warranty to obtain a replacement? I would assume I have to call them. Hopefully the turnaround time will not be months given the shipping problems. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 14196

The answer to your first question is yes you must buy them as a kit which means they come together in one package. That’s if you need to buy new memory. I don’t know how the warranty works for G skill. good luck

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you return the sticks for RMA, you should get a new set in return for free. No need to buy any

https://www.gskill.com/rma << fill in form

Can I buy(1) 64GB stick to go with the good 16GB stick if one good one still exists?
not a good idea with Ryzen, they work better with matching sticks. That and I don''t think you can buy 64gb dimms yet. Biggest is 32gb as most motherboards max ram amount is 128gb now, no point selling ram sticks that could add up to more than what MB can access.

Best Idea for what ram to buy would be to look on https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...atisse.pdf?v=c4e9aaa4651d9b2b345e190debda4e98 to see what Ram Gigabyte checked against board/cpu combo

Last edited:
Solution