Windows 10 boot disc problems (Z390 Aorus Master)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2018
Firstly, I'd like to apologise if this isn't the appropriate board for this question. Okay, here we go.

I'm having a lot of trouble booting to my Win10 installation disc. I just got all the parts in today and when I had everything put together I went to install Windows 10 but the status circle just freezes and nothing happens.

I've tried disabling CSM boot options, resetting the BIOS, but I can't figure it out. The install disk I'm using is the same one I used a month ago to install it on my older computer.

I looked around and saw a few people have had this problem (with gigabyte boards)
(See here: http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/4341/trying-install-hanging-loading-screen) but I can't find any solutions so hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks for your time

UPDATE** 9 JAN 2019

I received the replacement motherboard today, got everything put together, and I was having the same problem. Either Newegg sent me back the same broken(?) motherboard (unlikely, it had original packaging), or the problem lies elsewhere.

I'm RMAing the CPU and RAM, even though they both tested fine when I ran MemTest86 on them a couple weeks ago.

I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is and it's become a rather daunting problem. I have a lot of money sunk into this system and nothing I've tried so far has got it up and running.

Also, could this have anything to do with the fact that I'm trying to install Windows 10 on an NVMe drive? I found a few posts saying to disable secure boot settings, disable CSM, and a few other things, all of which I tried with no success. I doubt this is related to the drive I'm trying to install this on though because I get the same problem when I try to install it to a SATA SSD that I'm able to install win10 on and boot into with no problem on a different system.

I hope someone comes across this that can shed some light.

Thank you,

J.

UPDATE** 16 JAN 2019

Just updating the thread to close it out for anyone that comes across this in the future. The issue was related to either a faulty CPU or RAM kit. I received the replacement parts yesterday, installed them, and I booted into my Win10 USB drive without issue. From what I've gathered elsewhere; MemTest86 requires several passes to root out any problems with faulty hardware and the number of passes I ran may have been inadequate to reveal which component was faulty. I sent off both of those components before I could test each of them individually, so sadly I can't say exactly which one it was that was causing the issue.

A friend of mine told me he believed it was the RAM, but I can't accurately say for sure.

Dec 19, 2018

I tried this, and it made no difference. I also tried using a program called Rufus that's supposed to do the same thing and it was no different. The BIOS splash screen or the Windows splash screen shows up depending on whether I'm trying to use UEFI or not, the loading circle spins for several seconds, then it just freezes. I even tried to leave it for over 20 minutes and nothing changed.

I've also updated the BIOS to the latest version, still no change.

I'm lost.

Dec 19, 2018

Hello,

I tried that, using just one RAM module installed, and it didn't work. I tried the second RAM module, also the same result. I tried putting just one into different DIMM slots; but it was still the same problem.

It's very much worth noting that I installed the same SATA DVD drive onto my old computer, and also using the same Windows 10 installation disc, I was able to boot into the disc without error using the UEFI option. So I know it's not a problem with either my DVD drive or the install disc I'm attempting to use. It must be something wrong with either the motherboard, processor, or potentially even the whole RAM kit if swapping them around solved nothing.

I'm considering just RMA'ing everything back to where I bought the stuff and getting everything replaced, but that seems like an overkill solution if it's just one component that's malfunctioning.

Dec 19, 2018

If I'm not able to find any other solution by the end of the day, I think that's what I'll end up doing. Hopefully that is what the problem is and once I get the new mobo everything will go without a problem.

Thanks for your suggestions and sticking with me on this. I appreciate it.

Dec 30, 2018
hello if you have not found a solution i have your answer. i myself just bought a i9-9900k i got a new aorus master mobo and new trident ram and new aio corsair platnium 115 cooler..,. now i started it up same issue you had. i couldnt use a usb strick i tried 2 of them. after throwing my hands up i took it to my computer tech friend. hes like well lets try the cd method BUUUUT you must use the NEWEST win 10 os available which is win 10 1809 version. it took the cd and version and allowed me to install windows. i have my ram in slot 2 and 4 thats mobo spec. also keep everything in bios default.

Dec 19, 2018

Hey, thanks for your response,

I was using the most recent version of Windows 10 available from here (Windows 10 Media Creation Tool). The problem persisted despite using the current build of Win10. I already sent off the motherboard for replacement and I'll be reporting back here once I get the new one to find out if replacing it solves the problem.

Dec 30, 2018

thats weird ill be waitin for that new mobo because i wanna know if something is wrong with mine ive only had it since xmas and im seeing issues also. so plz let me know

Dec 19, 2018

Immediately after post. Before the installation process begins, when I boot into the flash drive.
1b646ad7-91cd-4165-924a-38b7bfcef3f3

Not my image, but that's what I'm seeing. The only difference being that when using the 'UEFI' option it replaces the windows logo with the splash screen for my motherboard.

Dec 19, 2018

Yes, I've tried that. Thanks for your suggestion. I'm going to RMA the CPU and RAM and just hope that one of those two components was at fault before taking it somewhere else. I'll be sure to update this thread if I find anything else out.

Dec 19, 2018

I detailed the steps I took as thoroughly as possible, not sure what else you need to know. I replaced the motherboard only to find out that wasn't the problem. I then replaced both the RAM and CPU as I no longer had the patience to swap out each individually to find out which exactly was at fault. Upon doing that, my system started up fine and I was able to install Windows 10 from my USB drive without issue.

All of this information is already detailed in the thread. I'm assuming you didn't bother to read any of it.

Feb 16, 2019
I had the same exact problem with the same components. Was on the verge of returning the gigabyte z390 aorus master and the i9 9900k. Here's what worked for me 1) used a 2.0 usb drive to download windows on (heard was less incompatibility issues). 2) Instead of immediately running the media tool exe. file after initial download of windows, I dragged it to my 2.0 usb drive and ran it there to download windows 10. So the usb had a copy of the media tool exe. and windows 10. Plugged usb to pc, and booted off my "UEFI" usb and it worked! Not sure if 1 or 2 did the trick or the combination of both, but it worked for me. Hope this will work for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.