Question Windows 10 BSOD bootloop - how to check for faulty hardware

Dec 22, 2019
Hello everybody,

Recently my PC decided it was time to get stuck into a bootloop. Every time it starts I can see windows autorepair opening, and then a BSOD, after which it restarts.
I tried creating a Windows installation USB, but it turned out this also got a BSOD (I didn't even know that was possible...). To be sure I created an Ubuntu installation USB as well, and it also crashes. I build the PC a few months beforehand and until now it worked like a charm.

I now think it is hardware related, but I do not know how to get to know what part causes this error. The system posts properly, I already updated the BIOS and reset all the settings. I tried using only one of two RAM sticks (with both of them), but this did not result in any improvements. I do not think it is the SSD, because the USBs fail as well. Does this mean it is the processor? Or maybe the PSU? Upon visual inspection no single component seems to be broken or damaged.

If anyone can help me further with this, it would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance!

Specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 with stock cooler
Motherboard: ASUS B450M-PLUS Gaming
GPU: Gigabyte RX580 Gaming 8Gb
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb
RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX 8Gb 2666
PSU: Corsair MWE 550 Watt

Dec 22, 2019
After digging around in the BIOS and trying out different things, I got the machine to work again after disabeling two cores of the CPU. Does this confirm something is wrong with the CPU? Or could the mobo also be at fault?