Windows 10 BSoD

MareTheLonely

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Hello, so ive been getting some bluescreens and they are all diffrent. KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and one more, cant remeber which one. Tried a fresh install but no luck, Whocrashed states that my drivers are at fault, but BSoDs happen randomly, when im playing games or watching youtube. Please help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of PC? Is it custom or bran name? If brand name, what make/model?

1. Can you link the who crashed reports here so I can look at the,?

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

2. Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

MareTheLonely

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Its a custom pc, built in 2012, specs are:
Intel i3-3240
4GB of DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
1TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD(Old HDD died a year ago)
Here is the latest blue screen on WhoCrashed, and link to the memory dump
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLPmERrJWpvTU1sYzhGNUxuOHc

On Sun 2017-07-16 21:45:39 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071617-16562-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C4C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x154 (0xFFFF970537E8B000, 0xFFFFB0806108F6F0, 0x2, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2017-07-16 21:45:39 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: acpi.sys (ACPI+0x9F638)
Bugcheck code: 0x154 (0xFFFF970537E8B000, 0xFFFFB0806108F6F0, 0x2, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\acpi.sys
description: ACPI Driver for NT
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The responsibilities of Acpi.sys include support for power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration. On hardware platforms that have an ACPI BIOS, the HAL causes Acpi.sys to be loaded during system startup at the base of the device tree. Acpi.sys acts as the interface between the operating system and the ACPI BIOS. Acpi.sys is transparent to the other drivers in the device tree.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/acpi-driver

You might want to upgrade your BIOS

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION is a BSOD I have only ever since twice and both in the last 2 weeks... I think its a hardware error, but it might just be your BIOS at play here.

MareTheLonely

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017

Nope didnt help, PC crashed yesterday, With Unexpected_Store_Exception, when i was playing Witcher 2 I alt-tabbed out to open google and search for something i opend like 3 tabs and got the BSOD

On Wed 2017-07-19 22:53:17 your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071917-19031-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C4C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x154 (0xFFFFAF8AE66B7000, 0xFFFF9F0089343DC0, 0x2, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

And This is the Dump file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLPmERrJWpvQjBiMGJleWxMa0E

Colif

Win 11 Master
same error as always, it likely blames hardware_Disk again... maybe I shouldn't ignore it.

1 fix I found is to run system file checker
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
restart PC once its completed

can you run Seatools for windows on your hard drive and see how its health is: Other people with same error found it was their boot drives. - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/unexpectedstoreexception-please-help/ce5ae5f1-e478-49fc-8564-c2b530221c25

a few other suggestions: http://kunmii.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/possible-solutions-unexpectedstoreexcep.html

Inkbone

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017
Just my 2 cents. It helped me with a similar problem.

My problem was fixed by changing graphics drivers and changing the display settings from multi extended display to single display.

The multi display would give me lots of bsods on certain graphics drivers.

MareTheLonely

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
So I did SFC/scannow, no integrity violations, Did all the tests and Fix all on Sea tools, no problems, and it crashed.... Now i recall having this problem about a year or so ago, i tried everything, switching RAM slots, SATA ports, and out of frustration i took my HDD out and shook it a couple of times, it worked flawlessly up until these few recent events, maybe i should try shaking it again?

Edit: after the crash i truned off fast startup, and here is the dump file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLPmERrJWpvdUg3M1g5MFhHTkk

I would update the bios and motherboard drivers.
the error might indicate that the sata controller is disconnecting your drive on you. (check the cables, sata power and sata data)
you might want to run crystaldiskinfo.exe to check your drives health status (SMART data)

you might find that putting the drive on the slower sata controller could help. it would be supported by the cpu chipset and is more likely to not have bugs.

two errors were in the dump
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 (3221225478) - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.

Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e (3221225486) - A device which does not exist was specified.

machine info:
BIOS Version V1.6
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 04/17/2012
Manufacturer MSI
Product Name MS-7788
Version 1.0
Manufacturer MSI
Product H61M-P20 (G3) (MS-7788)
Version 1.0
Processor ID a9060300fffbebbf
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Processor Voltage 35h - 5V 2.9V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz

Colif

Win 11 Master
That would explain why most answers I found for it were replace hdd. I know now, next time I will also suggest sata drivers (surprised I didn't already) as a cause.

Shaking hdd isn't often a good way to fix them, the head floats in a vacuum but I would think shaking it wouldn't really help it.

MareTheLonely

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Okay so yesterday i updated my drivers and turned off fast startup, i used my computer today for like 3.5h and it crashed same message im not even gonna post the dump file, so after the crash i opened my tin can up and replaced the SATA cable, and the power cable, moved the HDD from SATA slot 4 to slot 1, and moved my ram to the other slot, if this dont help im hiring an exorcist.

Edit: here are the 2 SATA cables i have the one on the left was connected to my HDD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzLPmERrJWpvS1BoQ1ZveTJISEE

Colif

Win 11 Master
The motherboard only has 4 sata ports, and all are on the intel controller, so moving them around may not have helped a lot
Latest BIOS installed
Seatools run on hdd
Newest or current SATA drivers installed.

If the other error is an I/O error I am not sure what we haven't checked - 0xc000000e is a boot error as PC couldn't find boot device...

next crash upload the dumps as since you have changed a number of drivers now, it might help more. John can actually read them and hope between us we can figure this out for you.
I wonder if its because there aren't any win 10 drivers for chipset or sata? there are win 8 drivers but maybe they don't work anymore. (only win 10 drivers are sound and LAN, and that is only as they are realtek)

MareTheLonely

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Okay so for the past month it was fine until today ffs computer, i was downloading Guild wars 2 chatting with my friend on skype and browsing the internet, right now i have to go to take care of some business,gonna do sfc /scannow and once i get back ill upload the .dmp file and Whocrashed report.