[SOLVED] [Windows 10] COD Modern Warfare 3 stutters on inter-mission cutscenes after finished loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2019
Hello,
I'm experiencing a weird stuttering issue while playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 on my Windows 10 PC.

The game runs perfectly smoothly during gameplays, but every time .bik movies plays (i.e. the cutscenes/briefings/movies between missions), it starts to stutter right after the "loading progress bar" is finished (When the mission is loading, no stuttering at all!).
I tried running the game in windowed borderless mode to no avail, still stutters. However, when I run the game in windowed mode WITH border, if I click outside the game window (making it inactive), the cutscenes are played smooth as silk!

I have no idea what is wrong here. I've searched everywhere but nothing turned up. I have tried all kind of solutions (compatibility mode, disabling game mode, disable HPET, setting the game process as REALTIME priority, disabling nVidia overlay, you name it...) but nothing work! Could you please help me with this issue? Thank you very much!

P.S. some information about my PC (I'm sure it beats the recommended system requirements):
ASUS ROG Strix GL553VE (Laptop)
Windows 10 Pro Version 1809
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 8GB
VGA: nVidia GTX 1050 Ti (GeForce game ready driver version 431.36)

Jul 19, 2019
Hello people,
Yes I have found the cause and solution, kinda silly...

Basically I used nVidia Profile Inspector to limit the framerate to 30 FPS. I tried disabling the Framerate Limiter and BOOM! Everything is smooooooth again! :ROFLMAO:
This is unexpected though. Who would have thought that a framerate limiter could have such effect to .bik movie playback?!? Anyway, problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.