Windows 10 Creators Update, Pictured

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Guys, the problems like "The game crashed to install the update!" is most likely not from Windows.
The game was probably already getting unstable and install pending or not? It would probably have crashed soon.

As to BSOD's, I'm running Windows 10 Creator on two computers thus far and neither one has had any problems with BSOD's due to graphics drivers thus far from Windows 10 Creator. One is running ATI graphics and one Intel IG so you might want to do a clean install and see if something on your computer got corrupted.

Yup I let windows/windowsupdate install most of the drivers inc the Intel gfx. Only because the Intel site is too confusing !

Everything is fine so far. Actually,I didnt install any drivers from the ASUS site. Except the chipset drivers

GumbyGreen88

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Could you people stop posting answers on this topic please? I'm trying to find answers on another topic and every time I sign in, there's a new answer on this topic that shows in my notifications. Is there a way to turn off those notifications for THIS topic only? I wish I never answered this stupid topic. Every single comment here is beyond pointless. Just as this tiny and stupid update.

Also, is there a way I can delete my comments from this topic so I don't receive these damn notifications?

BenJaD

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Yes! Head to the top of this page - in the first post by anonymous. In the lower left corner of that entry are two options. Probably both positive by default. Tick them both off and you should be free of the intrusions.
I have no idea how to delete a post once published here.

KrazedMaddy

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Not sure what is going on with these comments....but windows 10 runs well and the creators update has night mode which it turns out is actually useful to people. It is nice that you like windows 7 but this article is not about the non-existent improvements to Windows 7 but those of Microsoft current OS. Let us be glad they are willing to change things and are trying to please the "unpleaseable".

mmangold

Reputable
Mar 27, 2015
MS continues to go in the wrong direction, yet again. Personally, I'm not moving any Win systems beyond 8.1 until they reverse their course--I have absolutely no problem using anything *ix-based for real computing tasks. When the stop attempting to dictate to me how to use my computer, then MAYBE I'll come back. We'll see.

dutchman24

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
This update seems fine but is in someway more sensible for desactivating Cortana using the taskmanager and rename the Cortana location file. After doing this I have problems with the start menu that stops responding. Even after using the Powershell repair tweek the problem will come back often within an hour. The only possibility to repair this was using the command line "sfc /scannow" that repaired the Cortana files and some other inbuild apps that I deleted. I like to know if I'm the only one with this problem and if is it directly related to Cortana or to an other inbuilt app. Thanks for letting me know.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Post Creator's update fixed an error in Microsoft Edge for me that was so annoying I never used Edge. It would constantly scroll to top on some ad infested pages where I had my pop-up blocker blocking the ads. Now it is working fine and even blocks the keyboard video. It also installed all that crap I typically uninstall after doing a Win10 install. News, Money, Turn off XBox DVR, Get Office despite having Office...

Status
Not open for further replies.