Windows 10 Creators Update Privacy Settings Differ Based On Upgrade Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Uh huh! The world according to M$. It would be interesting to know if the existing settings are respected as they say when the "official release" hits the streets. I would be surprised if they are.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
I'm surprised anyone is surprised on how MS decides to collect data and try to get ad revenue from us. We all agreed to it the moment we clicked yes on that free win 10 upgrade. Now everyone is complaining about things MS decides to do. We lost our chance to complain when we clicked yes and then clicked agree.

This is only the beginning wait until Win 10 goes subscription based like office 365 or any other software that has month to month or 1 year cycles. That day is coming anyone that does not think so is very clueless. All you have to do is look at how a lot of other software has already gone that route. Did you way way back in the day antivirus was not subscribe only you bought it and it worked and got updates until you decided to buy a new version.

I think when MS decides to go subscription they need to offer us a chance to buy a full version Windows that works without a subscription like they do with office now. Anyone with a clue has already figured MS plan and why they are trying to get rid of all older windows asap. They say it's for security reason's they drop CPU support they come up with some lame excuse again. It is the big build up to what I said up above about subscription windows as a service shit. Anyone that thinks different get back to me in 2022 once both older windows are laid to rest by MS.

D

Deleted member 217926

I did my laptop earlier today. Windows 10 Home x64.

All privacy settings were reset to defaults except: Cortana was still disabled via the registry and Windows Updates acting like a torrent was still disabled. I had to manually reconfigure everything else.

surphninja

Honorable
May 14, 2013
"... let the operating system tailor ads based on your interests..."

Uhh. What ads? This is supposed to be an OS!

"This is a small decision, to be sure, but it still helps to highlight Microsoft's renewed commitment to user privacy."

Haha. So benevolent, MS! You know what would really respect user privacy? Returning to your old model, not using ads to continually make money off of users, and allowing users to turn off ALL collection of data.

This company has gone absolutely insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.