Question Windows 10 Disconnect Sound

t3chnition

Prominent
Apr 18, 2019
hey so i got an intel nuc skull canyon, keeps making that usb disconnect sound only when the monitor goes to sleep, anyone has this problem ?

running windows 10 pro

My computer makes the same sound when I turn off my monitor. I think it's either because the monitor acts as a USB hub or the speakers turn off with the monitor.

It's a non-issue for me, but I don't think it's abnormal behavior that needs any attention.

What monitor are you using?

Colif

Win 11 Master
How old are your USB devices you are using? The sound might not be anything or it could be one of the USB devices is getting old. I could be wrong.

I had a problem with my gpu last year and sometimes when monitor turned off, I would hear that sound too. I spent a few months trying to figure out GPU problem and I think I fixed it by replacing my mouse. replace mouse, GPU comes good again?

I never found anything to back it up but we threw everything including a fresh install and stress testing, at problem and nothing we tried would fix it.

No USB hub on my monitor.

Aug 13, 2019
I am having the same type of issue. When you lock the screen or monitor goes to sleep the USB Disconnect goes as much as continuously to the point i would almost rather use it as target practices. Ran Nirsoft USB View Log, shows nothing, did trouble shooting by unplugging usb devices one at a time, to no avail. Verified all drivers are up-to-date. Finally just turned of the USB Disconnect Sound in the sound settings. Now the Re-connect sound is starting to go off every now and then where as before it did not make that noise. What can i try next? Again only when the monitor goes off after locking the screen? Is there a script or another log i can check while the monitor is off to see what windows is doing?