Question Windows 10 event command software tool app command to get GPU and CPU installation high usage reports

Oct 26, 2020
I want purchase used cpu and gpu graphic card want to check test seller pc windows logs registry for the cpu gpu usage

Is there any software app tool or windows command through which we can get CPU GPU installed date drivers install date and how many hours gpu cpu is used...from Windows even logs..... it's usage or overuse or heated or errors reports from Windows events logs or drivers files dates....

Can it be used to determine the cpu. Gpu used and reports or health reports can determine if gpu or cpu is not used for mining or not any way to check if. Pc is used for.minining or graphic card is used for.mining.. through any windows 10 logs or any file installed in seller pc

Oct 26, 2020
Nope you can't and if someone doesn't want to tell you if the GPU was used for mining there is nothing you can do to really know.

You want to buy used stuff ask the seller to show you they are running fine before you buy them.

First, you don't compare different GPUs by clock speed. A 1080 Ti is always going to be a much more powerful GPU than a 1660 Super and a 1660 Super is always going to be more powerful than a 1650 Super. Similar to CPUs, clock speeds only serve as a direct comparison when looking at the same GPU, not different GPUs.
Sorry, that doesn't exist.

@DSzymborski @USAFRet bro thanx for your reply and your precious advices and opinion I have self googled for CPU and finding something's need you opinion on. Tools command finding below

How can I find CPU installation date usage error history report can be finded through windows 10 events logs or command s or tool or 3rd party software's?

I want to find the *following Information for my pc * from windows events logs or windows commands from my pc events logs or registry. I have googled have finded certain ways commands different tools but I want a complete tool or software (like cpuz GPUz) which can pick and create a report all together. Is there any easiest way to find my PC and Ryzen CPU processors history.

Q1 Date and time of CPU installed

Findings 1. Device manager , you should see an entry like "ACPI X64-based PC". Double click that to open it's Properties, and click the Details tab. Click on Device Description and look for "First Install Date", and "Install Date". Click on those and check the date

In intel forum user Idata user replied says

https://community.intel.com/t5/Proc...mputer-s-CPU-install-Date-or-Time/td-p/520956

Start Control Panel, and then Device Manager. Open the "device tree" by double clicking on the first entry if it is not already open. Under Computer, , you should see an entry like "ACPI X64-based PC". Double click that to open it's Properties, and click the Details tab. Click on Device Description and look for "First Install Date", and "Install Date". Click on those and check the date. If the First Install date seems reasonable, such as about as old as the PC is, then write that date down, and you can continue. If Install Date is the same as First Install date, then the OS has not been reinstalled at on the PC. If Install date is later than First Install Date, the OS was reinstalled at least once, and your chances of checking if the CPU was replaced are less. If the two dates are the same, you have a better chance.

Q2 how to find history of CPU processor Usage

Findings 2 perfmon for windows server will it work In windows 10...as told that it's but configured to log does windows 10 have any default automatic log file for procesor usage

https://serverfault.com/questions/33776/get-a-history-of-cpu-memory-usage

Windows Performance Monitor (perfmon) should do the job for you; you can configure it to log to a file, so just enable the counters you need and it'll log as much as you want.
Start > Run > perfmon
Hit the plus sign next to Performance Logs and Alerts
Right click System Log and select properties.
Adjust the sampling times to whatever you like
When you are done, hit OK then the plus sign at the top of the window.
This page gives a pretty good step-by-step with screenshots

Q3. How many hours CPU used ie uptime (total hours data months years procesor used) of processor

Findings 3a it shows pc uptime through HDD or display but not processor uptime ( total hours data weeks months processor used)

https://superuser.com/questions/969587/how-many-hours-the-pc-has-worked
I have already found :

systeminfo | findstr /C:"Install Date"
systeminfo | findstr /C:"BIOS Version"

Findings 3b all finding shows the pc computer uptime through HDD or monitor used time but not processor used time

If you are useing a Windows machine uptime.exe will do what you want. Download it here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232243

Drag the uptime exe into a cmd promt and use the /s. it will give results like this:

Since 6/29/2010:

System Availability: 56.4610%
Total Uptime: 16d 7h:18m:24s
Total Downtime: 12d 13h:44m:59s
Total Reboots: 14
Mean Time Between Reboots: 2.06 days
Total Bluescreens: 0

Q4. History of CPU used high CPU usage error of CPU failure of CPU blue screen or for CPU overheat

Findings 4 many ways to check CPU history

https://community.spiceworks.com/to...he-cpu-memory-usage-on-windows-2008-r2-64-bit

https://superuser.com/questions/609529/history-of-cpu-usage-for-all-processes

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/69332/tracking-cpu-and-memory-usage-per-process

*Heating and temperature usage *

https://superuser.com/questions/102...sed-from-overheating-or-overheated-components

Can we collect a report that is which day time the event. I'd 6008 is been repeated and how many times

Event ID 6008 entries indicate that there was an unexpected shutdown. Critical thermal event indicates that the problem is related to one of your hardware components not functioning properly that is triggering the computer to shut down. Check if your CPU is overheating

Q5 can we check the health of CPU life of amd Ryzen CPU processor

Finding 5 : amd overdrive tool or intel processor diagnostic tools

*Try using AMD Overdrive *http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4645-amd-overdrive.html and built in benchmark and stability testing along with accurate temperature and other readings.

As For. Intel processor
https://www.intel.in/content/www/in/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html

Q6. tools for CPU system information, CPU event log reporting, CPU temperature monitoring , CPU health testing life

Findings6

System information tools

1. Msinfo32
  2. Cpuz
  3. Speech
  4. Hwinfo
  5. Pc wizard
  6. Siftsoft sandra lite
  7. Winaudit
  8. Black box
  9. FleskNitter I do tool
  10. Smart system
  11. Rw everything

Amd processor information tools
Ryzen master tool monitoring overclocking

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Event log analyzing managing tools

https://www.pcwdld.com/best-event-log-monitor-and-siem-tools

1. SolarWinds Event Log Consolidator / Manager (FREE TRIAL)
  2. Datadog Log Management (FREE TRIAL)
  3. Netwrix Event Log Manager
  4. Tripwire Log Center
  5. Quest InTrust Th
  6. Corner Bowl Server Manager
7 . LogRhythm
  1. Splunk
  2. WhatsUpGold Log Managemet tool
  3. Windows Event Log Analysis Tool | ManageEngine

Temperature monitoring tools

https://www.guru99.com/best-cpu-temperature-monitor.html

1. Hwinfo
  2. Cpuz
  3. Hwmonitor
  4. Aida64 extreme
  5. Aida 64 engineer
  6. Speecy
  7. CPU load monitor
  8. Core temp
  9. SIW
  10. Open hardware info.org
  11. N2xt.com software
  12. Real Temp

CPU stress test toools

1. prime 95
  2. Cpuid
  3. Load tracer
  4. Jmeter
  5. Locust
  6. Bzmeter
  7. Load multiple
  8. Interview
  9. Core temp
  10. Pc mark
11 heavy load

USAFRet

Titan
@DSzymborski @USAFRet bro thanx for your reply and your precious advices and opinion I have self googled for CPU and finding something's need you opinion on. Tools command finding below
systeminfo, for this PC I'm using right now:
50mzx9U.png

"Original install date: 6/17/2020" - That is simply when the current Windows install went through a major Update.
"System Boot Time: 1/25/2021" - When I rebooted a couple of days ago.
"BIOS Version: 3/7/2018" When the BIOS version for the motherboard was published.

This CPU has been running almost 24/7 since Nov 2016.

Storage devices show their Power On Hours. There is nothing like that for a CPU or GPU.
Power on hours for the C drive is relevant only to that drive. This system is on its 3rd physical C drive.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Start Control Panel, and then Device Manager. Open the "device tree" by double clicking on the first entry if it is not already open. Under Computer, , you should see an entry like "ACPI X64-based PC". Double click that to open it's Properties, and click the Details tab. Click on Device Description and look for "First Install Date", and "Install Date". Click on those and check the date. If the First Install date seems reasonable, such as about as old as the PC is, then write that date down, and you can continue. If Install Date is the same as First Install date, then the OS has not been reinstalled at on the PC. If Install date is later than First Install Date, the OS was reinstalled at least once, and your chances of checking if the CPU was replaced are less. If the two dates are the same, you have a better chance.
i tried this on my PC, the First Installation date showing is 1 month after PC was actually made, and the Install date is one month later again. Its actually when I last updated Win 10 to latest Version, as above states. Windows only knows as far back as the last version update. Relying on windows won't work.

USAFRet

Titan
Looking at the Power On Hours of my current C drive:
38,238 POH. Which extrapolates back to 20 Sep 2016, assuming never ever turned off(which is incorrect - vacations, etc)
This also is not indicative of the CPU time, because that is 2 months before the CPU was purchased.

It is rather closely tied to the purchase date of the SSD, of Aug 6 2016. In keeping with my 24/7, and off only for reboots, vacations, and the exceedingly rare power outages, only 6 weeks off.

Oct 26, 2020

50mzx9U.png

"Original install date: 6/17/2020" - That is simply when the current Windows install went through a major Update.

"BIOS Version: 3/7/2018" When the BIOS version for the motherboard was published.

Storage devices show their Power On Hours. There is nothing like that for a CPU or GPU.
Power on hours for the C drive is relevant only to that drive. This system is on its 3rd physical C drive.

i tried this on my PC, the First Installation date showing is 1 month after PC was actually made, and the Install date is one month later again. Its actually when I last updated Win 10 to latest Version, as above states. Windows only knows as far back as the last version update. Relying on windows won't work.

@USAFRet and @Colif bro thank you a lot for your precious time advice opinion testing the commands and showing me actual results and showing me reality..

@USAFRet bro as you tested the system info command it's showing System PC windows installation date and system Windows can be formatted or reinstalled or updated many time after purchasing the CPU processor. The installation of software or hardware may be of different dates.

In case of CPU we can verify the purchase date from the warranty check on intel or amd website.

I can understand the CPU GPU can't save any info within themselves but can't we trace from the desktop pc as the CPU or GPU is currently being used In The same pc so we can find info from pc windows events logs.

Q1. But as in HDD we used to have manufactures as Seagate serious which displays firmware date of HDD and uses of HDD. Is there any amd manufacturer software amd overdrive or amd master tool does any such software can check the CPU details or info?

Q2. Secondly as CPU Ryzen 3700x or 3800x or 3900x launch date was July 2019 or Sept 2019 and if we suppose that the pc is not formated then we can check it through the system installation date... is there any bios or disk data which can tell how many time the disk is formatted.

Q3. Secondly there is a place in windows event logs if not cleared or formated which writes errors or interrupts or problems or reasons for shutdown in form of event Ids can we trace from event log the Event ID 6008 or Event ID 41 which can show the shutdown due to overheating of CPU....or any error or event I'd

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/160855-shut-down-view-details-last-shutdown-computer.html

Q4. Thirdly in high CPU usage 100% or throttling or blue screen due to CPU or CPU can such errors saved in windows be traced from any logs..which can tell if CPU or CPU gave errors

Q5. Fourthly bios gives error of CPU overheating of CPU GPU or overclocking as new bios is UEFI do these bios have any BIOS event logs saved ...and does this lig saves overheating overclocking info.

Q6. Thirdly is there any hwinfo log which show temp or CPU or GPU on errors in windows 10 default automatically I. Any log or error files.

Q7. Can GPU date of installation be derived from the GPU graphic card driver installed...or do nvedia or gigabyte Msi Asus have any utility tool to check it's health or. Status as gigabyte arous engine or Msi afterburner

Q8. I can understand we can't check GPU used for mining but the seller pc can be checked for mining used by testing any script or mining software's left out marks in registry or temp files or program files folders as there are some pantomiming software's like nocoin minerblock and xmeters or antimalware software like defender can they check if any instance finded .

Q9. If someone overclocking GPU or CPU from bios or softwares then those overclocking software's must have some files which can tell if the GPU CPU is over clicked or not...or any overclocking overheating erors found .

50mzx9U.png

38,238 POH. Which extrapolates back to 20 Sep 2016, assuming never ever turned off(which is incorrect - vacations, etc)
This also is not indicative of the CPU time, because that is 2 months before the CPU was purchased.

It is rather closely tied to the purchase date of the SSD, of Aug 6 2016. In keeping with my 24/7, and off only for reboots, vacations, and the exceedingly rare power outages, only 6 weeks off.

@USAFRet bro thanks again for your precious time advice help and esteemed precious opinions

Bro yes I can understand that HDD uptime can't tell the CPU GPU uptime, but PC uptime HDD or monitor uptime give an rough idea of CPU and GPU used if the seller has only 1 CPU and 1 GPU which he is selling because without CPU and GPU desktop pc will not run. By the factor of uptime of pc HDD we can get to know that the PC GPU GPU is not overused or gently used . As Ryzen 3700x 3800x 3900x is launched in july Sept 2019 and in India it must be available in market in Jan Feb of 2020 so if. In 1 year time or the CPU used is for 6 months to 8 months then it's hours of uptime of pc is 6 mothsx4hours=24 hours or if it's more then 6monthsx 24 hours = 144 hours and if it's 24x7 then it may be for mining or over usage..isn't it

Bro actually I think for purchasing old CPU GPU what main clause we need to get verify us that it's not overused overheated or misused or having problems or errors... It would be good if we have service center software to check it's usage....but if can't get from CPU or GPU...then can we trace some clause to get a rough idea from PC desktop (assuming it's not formated or reinstalled or cleaned) ....the stress Tess of CPU GPU is possible after purchase or seller place but stress test can assure that it's currently working fine...but not tell that it's been overused (24hoursx7daysx365days) or its been overheated or over clicked or misused in mining such information can be traced from pc used by the seller..isn't it?

Oct 26, 2020

@USAFRet bro thanks again for your precious time advice help and esteemed precious opinions

Bro yes I can understand that HDD uptime can't tell the CPU GPU uptime, but PC uptime HDD or monitor uptime give an rough idea of CPU and GPU used if the seller has only 1 CPU and 1 GPU which he is selling because without CPU and GPU desktop pc will not run. By the factor of uptime of pc HDD we can get to know that the PC GPU GPU is not overused or gently used . As Ryzen 3700x 3800x 3900x is launched in july Sept 2019 and in India it must be available in market in Jan Feb of 2020 so if. In 1 year time or the CPU used is for 6 months to 8 months then it's hours of uptime of pc is 6 mothsx4hours=24 hours or if it's more then 6monthsx 24 hours = 144 hours and if it's 24x7 then it may be for mining or over usage..isn't it

Bro actually I think for purchasing old CPU GPU what main clause we need to get verify us that it's not overused overheated or misused or having problems or errors... It would be good if we have service center software to check it's usage....but if can't get from CPU or GPU...then can we trace some clause to get a rough idea from PC desktop (assuming it's not formated or reinstalled or cleaned) ....the stress Tess of CPU GPU is possible after purchase or seller place but stress test can assure that it's currently working fine...but not tell that it's been overused (24hoursx7daysx365days) or its been overheated or over clicked or misused in mining such information can be traced from pc used by the seller..isn't it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Q3. Secondly there is a place in windows event logs if not cleared or formated which writes errors or interrupts or problems or reasons for shutdown in form of event Ids can we trace from event log the Event ID 6008 or Event ID 41 which can show the shutdown due to overheating of CPU....or any error or event I'd
Since windows 10 gets a new version every 6 months, it only remembers back that far. The error logs and event viewer records are wiped each version install. So Windows has no idea how long its been on the PC

those events would only show you the info since last version update

Q5. Fourthly bios gives error of CPU overheating of CPU GPU or overclocking as new bios is UEFI do these bios have any BIOS event logs saved ...and does this lig saves overheating overclocking info.
i thought about UEFI but after looking, you need special tools to read that info and they aren't easily found.

Q8. that is if they aren't clever and reformat before showing it to you

USAFRet

Titan
In my system, the earliest entry in Event Viewer, across all log types, is 6/17/2020.
Which corresponds exactly to the above systeminfo screencap.

The semi-annual Windows Updates is mostly a reinstall. That log data is not retained.

Meaningless in the context of the CPU or GPU running time.

Oct 26, 2020
Since windows 10 gets a new version every 6 months, it only remembers back that far. The error logs and event viewer records are wiped each version install. So Windows has no idea how long its been on the PC

those events would only show you the info since last version update

In my system, the earliest entry in Event Viewer, across all log types, is 6/17/2020.
Which corresponds exactly to the above systeminfo screencap.

The semi-annual Windows Updates is mostly a reinstall. That log data is not retained.

Meaningless in the context of the CPU or GPU running time.

@Colif and @USAFRet bro thanks a lot to reply your precious time esteemed advice opinions and concerns and sharing your knowledge.

@Colif and @USAFRet bro yes I can understand that windows events and errors logs are cleared at the time of update or also by seller to.

but as many sellers if old GPU and CPU claims that it is 10 days or 3-4 -5 month old and rarely used their claims can be checked......if person says its 3 years or more of and it has no warranty then it's no use of verifying but the test and verification is for those who claims for less Usage or 3-4 months old

Secondly Ryzen 7 3700x And 3800x
3900x launched in Indian market October Nov 2019 and still in top and many purchased it in June Oct 2020 so I think it's easy t9 check them and if reports not founded then still at last we have option for warranty check on website

As for gpu rtx 3090 rtx 3080 rtx 3070 rtx 3060ti is launched in Sept Oct 2020 and it's hardly 3-4 months the user must have used we can test the gpu also

It not bad to give a try and verify the seller PC computer before then to repeend later as some of the sellers themself offering in advt themself that they are ready for sharing any benchmark test reports for testing the gpu or CPU at their end

As actually many is selling used old with warranty left cheaper Ryzen 3800x and 3900x in Rs 13000-15000 ie $178 to $206 and same rtx 3090 rtx 3070 rtx 2080ti at Rs 15000 - 20000 -25000 ie. $206 to to $274 to $374 money wise deals are attractive but sounds fishy as it may not be some problematic piece or not be used for mining or heavy usage.....so I am more concerned and eager want to verify the seller pc before purchasing.

So if u can help me and tell me any tool software or command to capture catch the windows events or error logs to get details of CPU or gpu failures from the seller pc ....if it gives the result then I can be sure...and if seller have cleaned or formated or erased then option if stress test it warranty check us there...

i thought about UEFI but after looking, you need special tools to read that info and they aren't easily found.

@Colif bro thanx for your opinion yes I have seen in some UEFI bios manfturee website about the bios evenr and while googling I founded a bios event option menu in non UEFI model to....but do they have overheating or overclocking or error it.dont know much

@Colif bro Still do you know any name if tools softwares to get read capture the bios events kindly tell me I will try to hunt if I can find some

Q8. that is if they aren't clever and reformat before showing it to you

@Colif bro yes the seller may be clever to format the pc ie clear the event logs but as they themself ready to give benchmark or any tests the. It's bad to give a try....as we can find the system formated date through systeminfo command.

@Colif and @USAFet bro can u help me tell me that can we check a pc if used for mining any aftermarket of minining bitcooins left in registry temp or inf or any light files which can confirm that pc is being used for mining applicatiins or cryptology.

TRENDING THREADS