Burgattti

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
Hi I have a Dell XPS 9365, Docked on WD15

The laptop has been great, but since new had the occasional BSOD, Dell came replaced Mobo and SSD, but the issue has happened randomly since

According to events viewer, I have event id 10016 10010 7023 over 20,000 times each occurring every 2 minutes.

7023 -
The wuauserv service terminated with the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

The server {CENSORED} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. (censored it incase it's personal)

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{CENSORED}
and APPID
{CENSORED}

to the user DESKTOP-CENSORED\CENSORED SID (CENSORED) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Solution
almost every win 10 PC on earth gets dcom errors so I wouldn't worry about that, its unlikely to be cause of BSOD

as for the wuauserv error - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/710abc29-1926-4442-be8c-5adc7036ed32

as for the actual BSOD
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
almost every win 10 PC on earth gets dcom errors so I wouldn't worry about that, its unlikely to be cause of BSOD

as for the wuauserv error - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/710abc29-1926-4442-be8c-5adc7036ed32

as for the actual BSOD
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: Burgattti
Solution

Burgattti

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017

as for the actual BSOD

Done and done!
Will get back if i get a BSOD, and if not thanks so much!

TRENDING THREADS