VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
Hi! I was in the middle of reformatting my laptop and giving it a clean install of windows. My laptop has two partitions. I reformatted the first one, it went smooth. But after reformatting the second partition, it froze. I was forced to restart the laptop then when I boot to the disk where I installed the media creation tool, It was stuck on the windows logo.

I've done some research and found a solution to wipe the drive again using the "Diskpart" command but after pressing enter I was unable to type anything in cmd anymore. All assistance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Did you reset the OS or tried a fresh install over a USB ?
I recommend you to create a Win10 USB with the Media Creation Tool which can be downloaded from Microsoft and in the install settings you can format all partitions of your HDD/SDD.

VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
Did you reset the OS or tried a fresh install over a USB ?
I recommend you to create a Win10 USB with the Media Creation Tool which can be downloaded from Microsoft and in the install settings you can format all partitions of your HDD/SDD.
yeah that is exactly what I was doing but I am unable to reach that stage of installation because it freezes in the windows logo

VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
Maybe your USB is broken, try another USB, dont use 3.0 if possible and use another USB port.
When you get into the BIOS, whats the vcore your CPU is on, and what CPU do you use?
It worked the first time I tried it but after it froze during the wiping of the drive it did not work anymore, I even tried another usb and to no success