Windows 10 freezes up at desktop msi laptop

Jan 9, 2019
Hi forum, my daughter has a msi gaming laptop about 2 to 3 years old.
Last night she told me it was locking up in the main window at her desktop screen.
Symptoms were computer was taking forever to respond, so you really couldn't launch any thing.
I've tried the normal stuff to make a recovery but no luck.
Tried recovering system to factory default but it fails after about running 49%. I have tried getting into safe mode, again no luck.
Unfortunately she didn't make a bookable disc when she got the laptop, (thats probably my fault, I should have told her to do that) so can't do a systęm recovery.

As for specs, not sure, as she can't find her manuals and don't look like there's any markings on the laptop. I am sure it has 8gb memory and an i7 procesor. It also has two fans.

Happy to provide more info if I can.

Steve.

Jan 9, 2019

Hi, thanks for your answer, unfortunately the computer is so sluggish and slow that it's hardly responding to any input, I can't get it into safe mode either, so updating drivers would be almost impossible as I see it.
I have a few ideas and options that I am working on.
The other problem i have is reinstalling windows as I don't have a license as my daughter can't find any documentation. My wife seems to think I can just call the place where we bought it and they can get us the key, I told her that's most unlikely they would do that

Regards, Steve.