Windows 10 Freezing Every Morning

JFKatz23

Commendable
Jun 6, 2017
Recently my office computer has been lagging and then freezing every morning. Generally it's after a long layoff (12+ hours). When I arrive in the morning everything looks fine and responding as it should. As soon as I begin to open programs the computer will begin to lag or freeze. The programs won't close so I'll open Task Manager to force shut down. Sometimes Task Manager will open sometimes it won't but generally everything becomes unresponsive. I'll try and restart and the computer will go into Restart 'mode' (show the restarting wheel screen) but nothing will happen and I'll have to force shut down the entire computer. After force shut down and the computer comes back up....all works as it should...until the next morning.

At first I thought it might be a Google Chrome issue as the first few times that was the program that would cause it to freeze. But it's frozen when opening Outlook, a UPS Worldship program, a Point of Sale program we use so I don't think it's program specific.

I've run a full scan for viruses and for malware with nothing coming back. Used System Mechanic to check for registry errors etc. Updated or checked to update every driver on my system (a few of which were outdated) Run a System File Check and DISM and nothing has seemed to have any errors and yet the issue keeps occurring.

Does anyone else have any ideas for a fix?

HP Pavilion on Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.371
Intel Core i5-2930T @2.70 GHz
8.00 GB Ram

UPDATE: I've cloned the hard drive onto a new SSD and the computer is running much more efficiently. I still have had two instances however of the same issue...lagging then freezing in the morning. I've tried ALL of the below options and it still happens. Any other ideas out there?

Solution
My suggestion would be to open the case (unplug the power beforehand) and reseat all cards, modules, chips, jumpers, cables.

Over time and especially with heating/cooling cycles components can and do work themselves loose.

Could be that some component is not fully or firmly in place. Has wiggled loose enough to cause problems especially when "cold" (after 12+ hours).

Boot up fails but the insides warm up, expand, and connectivity is restored.

Works until the next cool down.

If you are not familiar with opening the case and reseating components find a knowledgeable person to help.

JFKatz23

Commendable
Jun 6, 2017

Thank you....I've done this and got a caution. This is above my head though...any thoughts on the results?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2h4vsdj.png[/IMG]

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestion would be to open the case (unplug the power beforehand) and reseat all cards, modules, chips, jumpers, cables.

Over time and especially with heating/cooling cycles components can and do work themselves loose.

Could be that some component is not fully or firmly in place. Has wiggled loose enough to cause problems especially when "cold" (after 12+ hours).

Boot up fails but the insides warm up, expand, and connectivity is restored.

Works until the next cool down.

If you are not familiar with opening the case and reseating components find a knowledgeable person to help.

Solution