Windows 10 games lagging

emma98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
I updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and all then games started lagging with audio stuttering. I read some posts here and then did a clean install of windows 10 but the problem still continues. I've updated all my drivers multiple times, run tweakware and all other solutions i could find on the internet but not solved. I'm currently using an asus x555la, core i3, 1TB HDD, 4GB ram, intel hd 4400. Any help? Please be quick, thanks. Also, will the anniversary update help?

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
choose power options
set power plan to high performance - if its not in list, click show additional plans
choose change plan settings next to plan
can set monitor/pc to never turn off
in advanced power options, set hdd to never turn off

This will help

Can also consider upgrading BIOS

emma98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

THIS WAS NOT A SOLUTION.
I'm sorry but i've already tried all these before. I even downloaded LatencyMon, and disabled the Network adapter. It's a laptop.. i can't easily open the back cover. I was wondering would the windows 10 anniversary update solve this stuttering and lagging in normally perfectly playable games (e.g. fifa 14)

emma98

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

I did that but what exactly should i look for? I've gone through many other threads and no one has really been able to solve this. I'm really considering switching back to 8.1 but the last time i downgraded the the problem also occured (it did not occur before upgrading to windows 10) besides, I . What to do?

rachel4

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
Okay I'm so sorry I couldn't figure out how to reply, I thought it was through email lol..dud...anyways so I've done clean reinstall, I've updated all drivers, I've updated and activated windows 10, I've bought a new gpu, new psu, and a new network adapter that has 5ghz 1900acs. A couple games my son has tried to play that lags doesn't even require internet so its not the internet. I did bring up task manager and tons of background files are run ing causing the cpu and disk to run 60 to 100 percent but when I end task, all it does is comes right back. I did it to cortana since I did reply no not to enable that file but windows decided different. So is there some sort of site I can read to see how to and which files I can get rid of that talks slowly with step by step instructions so I don't mess nothing up?? Please help me

Colif

Win 11 Master

Are you the original poster as this thread is over 2 years old and most people would assume you fixed it by now?