Question Windows 10 Headphone sound issue. (Muddy sound)

Aug 7, 2020
So, i have an issue that i had for probably a year so i used a corsair void wired headset before and the sound was muddy but the way i fixed it was by putting a equalizer effect on my headphones with Realtek HD Audio Manager, i set it to powerful and it sounded normal like any headset / headphones would on most pc's / how it's supposed to had it like that for a year and i bought a new headset recently that is wireless but it uses a USB Dongle and here i am now, the sound is muddy and sounds weird and yes the sound was exactly the same as the other headset i had, i have tried it on other pcs and it sounds normal, i tried reinstall / uninstalling realtek hd audio manager from device manager i tried updating it and updating the usb dongle nothing is working i tried to google how to add a usb headphone device to realtek hd audio manager but i can't find any solution can anyone help?
also when i go into properties my headset doesn't have enhancements / sound effects in audio devices - playback.

I Tried resetting windows but it didn't help.

Last edited:
Your USB headphone is not using the Realtek audio, it has it's own DAC for sound processing. The nVidia audio is probably for your HDMI port on the video card. Make sure your have Windows updated, and check for BIOS and chipset/USB drivers for your motherboard. Does the headset show up twice in audio settings, one as a headset one as a headphone? Make sure all the MS audio enhancements are off.

Aug 7, 2020
Your USB headphone is not using the Realtek audio, it has it's own DAC for sound processing. The nVidia audio is probably for your HDMI port on the video card. Make sure your have Windows updated, and check for BIOS and chipset/USB drivers for your motherboard. Does the headset show up twice in audio settings, one as a headset one as a headphone? Make sure all the MS audio enhancements are off.
I had windows fully updated, i tried reinstalling new audio drivers from my manufacturers website i tried reinstalling and uninstalling from device manager i tried resetting windows, and when you go to properties on my headset it does not have audio enhancements and also yes my windows was fully up to date and still is and no the headset does not show up twice but i tested with both a headset and headphones to see if there's still an audio issue, also my bios is up to date aswell.

Aug 7, 2020
I installed like 6 different audio equalizers / enhancement they helped but its still pretty bad and its not like when i use a 3.5mm and use realtek hd audio manager, i tried copying the settings from powerful in realtek and add it to the equalizers / enhancements but its just not the same.

TRENDING THREADS