Question windows 10 home no csm after disable secure boot. cannot acces uefi bios

Jul 1, 2019
hi, my laptop is asus tuf fx504-en039t, i want to upgrade it to win 10 pro. im so headache with this win 10 home. so limited access.
i try to disable secure bot in bios. but the csm menu not appear. if im not mistaken the version is 312.
the boot option only showing ssd. even the 1tb hdd not showing.
i try to shift+restart and restart in eufi setting but ended up starting windows again.
im so frustated with this win 10 home 1803
please help me. thx

this is what happened when i try to execute setup win10.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
You don't need to install anything to upgrade win 10 home to pro. Just put the licence key for pro into setting/update & security/activation
under Upgrade your edition of Windows, click change product key

Win 10 Pro is an upgrade on Win 10 Home, no install needed. Windows will add the additional features via windows update

Your motherboard may not have CSM at all, it might only support UEFI boot

last error message is just what you get if you try to update 1803 to 1903 at the moment, Microsoft are staggering the updates and aren't rushing everyone up to latest version if there is some reason they aren't ready yet

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I haven't seen that version of the bios before, your manual is pretty pointless as well - page 66 shows how to change boot device - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FX504GM/E14566_FX504GM_V2_A.pdf

Its using the Windows Boot manager as its boot device, that points at the location on the ssd to boot from. does the 1tb hdd have windows on it?

Fast boot being enabled also means the bios wll ignore any USB devices apart from mouse/keyboard at start up

I would turn secure boot on again unless you really do want to fresh install win 10 Pro. As I said, you shouldn't need to.