Windows 10 improvement suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everybody! I am running Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9879 and would like for everybody to suggest improvements to the OS. One improvement I have is to bring the keyboard lights back on hardwired USB keyboards. There is also no Windows 10 section on Tom's Hardware, so it needs to be added. Sorry if this is not the right section to post this in.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I tried Win10 recently. Never kept it in service long enough to make a list of improvements. Almost as un-intuitive an interface as win 8/8.1 was. And it felt like I was selling my soul just to log on. Why do I need to be on the MS Cloud? Why when I chose no password, it insisted I use my MS Act. password to log on every time? God, I hope MS doesn't abandon Win7 for a long time. My suggestion for improvement would be to put the new performance tweaks into the Win7 interface and call it Win 10.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I thought so to. That's why I didn't offer mine during the installation. But the next time I booted, I had to enter my password or it would not let me go any further. I don't remember which build it was I had. But it was downloaded about 2 weeks ago.

The folder icons have been changed, window maximize and minimize animations have been improved, and best of all, Windows Media Player animations are BACK!!! They were carried straight from Windows XP (the best OS ever) to Windows 10! I would also create a disposable Microsoft account too. They also took away the Recent Files section of This PC(that can get quite full) and moved that to Home, which is now the default location for File Explorer to open up to and collapsed that.

USAFRet

Titan

My Win10 install has two users:
adminguy - Administrator, with admin pwd
normalguy - standard user, no pwd

Neither of which are MS accounts. Strictly local accounts on that box.

USAFRet

Titan

Yes. normalguy is the account used for almost all usage. adminguy is used to manage admin things. Like changing the Windows Update functions, to get new updates faster.

Overall, not much different than Win8/8.1.

If you're trying to log on to Office365 or something, that may indeed require a MS account. But otherwise, no.

josibu

Reputable
Jan 10, 2015
I also installed the preview a few weeks ago and they already made several improvements, but:
I suggest make improvements in the visual design: A long time already I'm waiting for a built-in option to make windows (including the content) transparent and / or to affect the layers of the windows. not always you want the active Window to be on the very top of the screen. Sometimes you want another window be just over the active one....
that improvement would be really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS