Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16237 Brings Many Small Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Improvements such as locking us out of changing more settings? More advertisement? Less stuff we the consumers actually care about? How about making it lighter then Windows Vista? The OS runs terrible on anything without an SSD which is most consumer computers at this point in time. Windows 8 is looking like a more solid faster nicer OS then this crap. How many more 4gb updates will it take?

ledhead11

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I just wish they would . . . .instead of adding broken features, or breaking past features, just work on fixing what's already there. MS get a clue! Nobody makes an MS exclusive hardware that fully supports all this stuff. MS isn't Apple and they should stop trying to be. They should stop adding when they don't have the focus to fix what's already there.

nzalog

Respectable
BANNED
Jan 2, 2017
Not a fan of the direction they're headed in. They try to force updates on you but instead they just forced me to disable windows update service. They now fill their own OS with the <mod edit> apps that once 3rd party computer builder like HP used to. I think they should just go and make 2 versions of the OS a paid version and another ad supporter version. Paying to get candy crush installed automatically really bugs me.

<Moderator Warning: You've been warned previously about your use of profanity. One more and you will be watching from the sidelines for a while>

faj2323

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
Rubbish to all the above comments. I'm running both the Creator's Update and Insider Preview 16232 64-bit on this 9 year old laptop with Centrino 2 and 4G of RAM (it takes 2 hard drives and I'm dual booting). Performance is excellent in both cases, probably better than the original Vista.
My experience is also very pleasing on my 2 desktops (work/home) running Core 2 Quad and i5 respectively. Based on my favourable experience I have also installed Win 10 on 4 of my friends' machines when it was a free upgrade from Win 7.
Probably the best thing about Windows 10 is that almost ALL of my old software works with it: I even had Office 97 running at one stage! I've certainly never had any automatic installation of Candy Crush on any of these systems!

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Ledhead11, you're getting that completely backwards. Windows has always been designed to do everything, because it's meant to be one compatible installation working on anything from a budget laptop to a giant workstation, and all device variations in between.
Apple is definitely the ones making awkward all-in-ones. That's their "hallmark", trying to force everybody to use identical computers, no matter what they really want to do with them.

JaxonBur

Prominent
Jul 8, 2017
So over these useless complainers. Let me just ask, where is Apple's Insider Program? Where do I go to give them input on things I'd like to see in iOS? Apple is locked down, and that's the reason why it's called jailbreaking to load any other OS on an Apple device. Microsoft is listening to its users; Apple has never done that. If all you want to do is whine and complain, instead of jumping in to help improve things, STFU.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Yes, the complainers are wrong about system usage of Window 10. It is the least demanding OS since Windows XP. Evertything has been streamlined and it is by far the best OS from Microsoft so far.

vijer

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
FAJ2323 I think you must be a bit off, I run W10 on 3 laptops and everyone of them installed a host of bloatware including games with the initial installation. After you clean them out updates don't add them back but they are definitely there.

Anyone that thinks Windows 10 is not a great OS is completely daft. It is clearly faster and smoother than XP and 7. And as others have pointed out Apple only has to deal with a very tiny set of hardware variations. Windows has to deal with millions of combinations and pretty much nails it every time.

nzalog

Respectable
BANNED
Jan 2, 2017

Hardware variation does not excuse installing your own bloatware and forcing reboots for updates (a changed behavior after a patch). I use windows 10 at work and it's not cool when your PC behaves differently after installing a update. Specifically talking about how they made forced reboots after installing a recent patch. I tend to jot down a lot of things in notepad, and since all our power is covered by battery backup I normally don't have to worry about losing those temporary notes without saving them (unless of course Microsoft chooses to reboot for me). These are not extremely important notes otherwise I would save them it's just extremely frustrating and annoying.

They are making bad choices in the name of profit and nice windows updates stats. While this is something I'd expect from a ad supported OS, I don't expect this for something I paid for.

Lastly I'm not knocking the OS, just recent choices. I think windows 10 is pretty solid as is windows 8.1, but if I'm not vocal about changes I dislike, things will keep heading in the wrong direction.

nzalog

Respectable
BANNED
Jan 2, 2017

Apple's user experience remains pretty static even over huge updates. They rarely make huge changes that impact their users. They don't install <mod edit> apps automatically and they don't force updates or unexpectedly reboot your computer to apply them.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

Remember the days of eleven variations of Windows? Is that what you miss? Having to read eleven product descriptions to help you decide which software version you should buy for the hardware versions you had to pick from? Then be left hoping you didn't buy a too watered down version for your needs, just to save 8 bucks. Yeah, I don't know about you but, I think I prefer Windows 10 over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.