Windows 10 messed up my Soundblaster Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddystabz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I have a Soundblaster Z on my PC that was working fine until I upgraded to Windows 10 today. Now the sound still works but sounds like there is hardly any treble at all. It sounds like singers in songs are singing in a tunnel or something. You can't hardly make out what the vocalist is saying over top of the background music.

Can someone please help me fix this!?!?!?!?!

Solution
Try manually adjusting it. If that doesn't work, then try re-installing the drivers.

Unfortunately problems like this are to be expected when using Windows 10 initially. Although many companies have produced drivers for Windows 10, we are finding out that these drivers have numerous problems. It is likely that your problem won't be able to be resolved until new drivers are created. That is why Microsoft advised most people wait to upgrade their systems.
Try manually adjusting it. If that doesn't work, then try re-installing the drivers.

Unfortunately problems like this are to be expected when using Windows 10 initially. Although many companies have produced drivers for Windows 10, we are finding out that these drivers have numerous problems. It is likely that your problem won't be able to be resolved until new drivers are created. That is why Microsoft advised most people wait to upgrade their systems.

Solution

Hoopinator

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

This is driving me crazy; I have the same soundcard. At first I had no sub, now I have no center, after reinstalling the drivers. WTH? Windows 10 is turning into a major mistake for me...

rbNJ

Reputable
Oct 22, 2015

thanks for that tip! I have a Sound Blaster 3d PCIE card & just upgraded to 10 and first thing I noticed was my sound was screwed up. Same as OP, vocals were muffled like they were singing into a tin can. Upgraded to latest drivers, didn't matter. I didn't notice though that the "Surround" box was now checked! (must have happened during upgrade)...unchecked it and sound is back to normal.

corder

Prominent
Sep 27, 2017
Hello! In advance i apologize for my bad English, i want to share my solution to the problem with the Sound Blaster Z sound card in Windows 10. Often when i turned on the computer, i did not have a sound and only helped reboot. It turns out that in Windows 10 enabled the fast boot mode by default because of which there were problems with the load of the sound card driver. After disabling the quick boot mode, the problem disappeared. Yes, the driver is better to use the previous one, from the end of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.