Question Windows 10 new windows or notifications are showing behind other windows

Jun 21, 2024
I have windows 10 64 and was working fine but in the last couple weeks I notice new windows and or notification are not showing over the top of other windows

they show under which means if you delete a file or do other things the notification are not seen up front but behind other windows

I am not sure how this happened but I already tried the locking and unlocking task bar but that did not work

Ralston18

Titan
Right click the small bell icon usually located in the lower right screen corner.

A menu option "Notifications settings" should be presented.

Left clicking the menu option will, in turn, take you to System > Notifications

There are also some additional options via Personalization > Lockscreen.

Many, many options and switches to be found. Explore first without making any changes.

Then make changes as you deem applicable and/or require.

Make only one change at a time keeping track of what and where you made any given change. Be sure to note before and after values.

Jun 21, 2024
This is not about notifications, it is about regular explorer windows like folders, or open software etc
when you put mouse over something it is supposed to show over the top of everything else. If you try to delete a file, you are supposed to see box asking if you want to delete over the top of everthing, Not Behind
Everything is showing behind and this was not happening before

Try this:
Press Windows+Ctrl+T to make the current window always on top. A blue border will appear on the window, and a sound will play. Press Windows+Ctrl+T to undo your change and make Windows treat the window normally. You can customize this behavior by launching the PowerToys Settings window.

Jun 21, 2024
what I need is the normal operation which makes new windows show in front and the delete notification and or others like that to show in front of not behind. I never had to do anything before and it worked fine
pressing w ctrl T sounds like a specific window rule.
I just need the default way. I did not change any settings so not sure why this recently started happening