[SOLVED] Windows 10 not detecting keyboard or mouse

Jan 3, 2021
My Windows 10 desktop suddenly stopped detecting the USB keyboard and mouse. When I'm in the BIOS the computer sees the keyboard. When I use a Win 10 flash drive to repair Windows OS, Windows sees both keyboard and mouse and I've been able to use sys restore from there. Just for kicks, I've tried every USB port and other keyboards & mouse. No luck. Anyone have any suggestions before I wipe the drive and re-install Windows?

Solution
Please try this: Unplug USB cables and wait for a little while for the device driver to be unloaded by Windows, and then plug the device back in. Try using a different USB port on your PC. If you use a USB hub between the device and the PC, make sure the hub has power.

OR

One of the first ports of call for a Windows 10 mouse issue is your system drivers. Windows 10 takes care of your driver updates for the majority of your hardware. ... Browse down to Mice and other pointing devices, select, then right-click your mouse input and select Properties. Select the Driver tab, then Update Driver

paragraph 1 source =...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Please try this: Unplug USB cables and wait for a little while for the device driver to be unloaded by Windows, and then plug the device back in. Try using a different USB port on your PC. If you use a USB hub between the device and the PC, make sure the hub has power.

OR

One of the first ports of call for a Windows 10 mouse issue is your system drivers. Windows 10 takes care of your driver updates for the majority of your hardware. ... Browse down to Mice and other pointing devices, select, then right-click your mouse input and select Properties. Select the Driver tab, then Update Driver

paragraph 1 source = https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-94b4ca7b-4f2f-077e-4eb4-f7b4ecdf4f61

paragraph 2 source - https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/finally-fix-windows-10-mouse-issues/

if you going to copy from elsewhere, at least show the source :)

Solution