[SOLVED] Windows 10 not installing on new build…

Mc2203

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2017
Hello there,
So I am having a problem. I’ve been building computers for a couple years now and I believe I’m well versed in most things that come with computer building. I’ve recently had a friend that has asked me to help him build his pc to which I agreed. I finished building it last night but as I was trying to install windows from the USB media installation I always use, the installation “fails” and takes me back to the American Megatrends screen. Every time I try running the installation again, it leads to the same display. This is the first time this has ever happened to me in one of my builds so I did not know what to do. It was already late so I decided to go home and finish the pc next time I see him (since we built it in his house) as well as do a little research on how to fix it. So I am here to take any advice on how to fix it.
So far I have a couple things in mind in order to see if it can be fixed. First it’s updating the Bios of the mobo (maybe current version doesn’t support newest AMD chips). I also downloaded the latest version of the installation tool into the usb since Ik I had an older version (although I don’t believe that is the problem). I’m also going to try to unplug the other storage and just keep the M.2 connected for installing the software. I’m here wondering if any of you have any other suggestions as to what to do to fix the issue. Thank you for your time.

Pc Specs:
CPU: AMD R7 5800x
Cooler: NZXT Kraken z73
MoBo: Asus B550-A
GPU: RTX 3060
RAM: 32 GB Trident Z (8gbx4)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 M.2 1TB (1)
Sésgate Barracuda HDD 2tb (2)
Case: Lian Li O11

Edit: This is the American Megatrends Screen that I am talking about.
View: https://imgur.com/a/DHuwP1d

I see the CPU fan error, but since the CPU Cooler is an AIO and all the fans are Lian Li fans connected into its own hub (with its own power source via SATA), I did not use the CPU Fan header. This is my first time working with different fans for an AIO so I am unsure if what I did was correct but if I do need to use the cpu fan header for things to work, letting me know would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Your AIO should have fan connectors on it for the fans to plug into and then a connector that should be plugged into the CPU fan header. This allows the system to ramp up and down the AIO and fans based on CPU temp. You need to do this.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Your AIO should have fan connectors on it for the fans to plug into and then a connector that should be plugged into the CPU fan header. This allows the system to ramp up and down the AIO and fans based on CPU temp. You need to do this.

Solution
Hello there,
So I am having a problem. I’ve been building computers for a couple years now and I believe I’m well versed in most things that come with computer building. I’ve recently had a friend that has asked me to help him build his pc to which I agreed. I finished building it last night but as I was trying to install windows from the USB media installation I always use, the installation “fails” and takes me back to the American Megatrends screen. Every time I try running the installation again, it leads to the same display. This is the first time this has ever happened to me in one of my builds so I did not know what to do. It was already late so I decided to go home and finish the pc next time I see him (since we built it in his house) as well as do a little research on how to fix it. So I am here to take any advice on how to fix it.
So far I have a couple things in mind in order to see if it can be fixed. First it’s updating the Bios of the mobo (maybe current version doesn’t support newest AMD chips). I also downloaded the latest version of the installation tool into the usb since Ik I had an older version (although I don’t believe that is the problem). I’m also going to try to unplug the other storage and just keep the M.2 connected for installing the software. I’m here wondering if any of you have any other suggestions as to what to do to fix the issue. Thank you for your time.

Pc Specs:
CPU: AMD R7 5800x
Cooler: NZXT Kraken z73
MoBo: Asus B550-A
GPU: RTX 3060
RAM: 32 GB Trident Z (8gbx4)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 M.2 1TB (1)
Sésgate Barracuda HDD 2tb (2)
Case: Lian Li O11

Edit: This is the American Megatrends Screen that I am talking about.
View: https://imgur.com/a/DHuwP1d

I see the CPU fan error, but since the CPU Cooler is an AIO and all the fans are Lian Li fans connected into its own hub (with its own power source via SATA), I did not use the CPU Fan header. This is my first time working with different fans for an AIO so I am unsure if what I did was correct but if I do need to use the cpu fan header for things to work, letting me know would be greatly appreciated.
Some fan has to be plugged in CPU_FAN header.