Question windows 10 not shutting down/other errors

oolex

Commendable
May 3, 2018
Hello, I recently I upgraded my PC
(from x4 860k (generic mobo), r7 260x to 5700xt, Aorus elite x570 and 2700x, keeping cooler,psu, ssd and sshd) and have been having a few problems, but the system is definitely usable. At first, it was riddled with corrupted windows which I finally fixed but not it doesn't shut down, just seems to do a crash without me knowing and restarts. Also in some games, such as RDR2 and GTAV there appears to be micro stuttering every few seconds, but only in Rock star titles. Finally, when updating 5700xt drivers, I just get an error 1603, which I think is due to windows, but I am not sure. Thank you for your help, and any and all help is appreciated!

(In terms of recovery, I tried reinstalling windows, it worked, but now problems remain. I tried disabling fast startup, and it is still disabled, BUT it still ceases to shut down properly.)

oolex

Commendable
May 3, 2018
So the PSU is an evga 650 watt gold psu (https://www.amazon.ca/EVGA-Modular-...r_1_2?keywords=650+gold&qid=1580156318&sr=8-2 ) this one, my cpu cooler is a cryorig H7, which has been keeping my temps pretty well, im currently running several chrome tabs and other applications, and im at 44 degrees. When I was trying to shut down my cpu yesterday, I beleive I got into a driver power failure BSOD, which was oddly green and not blue? the Psu is arund 1.5 years old, and everything seems to be perfect, only the shutdown and rockstar games cause microstuttering, but I fear windows may still have a problem, even though I did sfc /scannow checks. My ram is 16 gb at 3733 (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07N43CYMS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ), and they seem fine too

(sorry for the late reply....)

So the PSU is an evga 650 watt gold psu (https://www.amazon.ca/EVGA-Modular-...r_1_2?keywords=650+gold&qid=1580156318&sr=8-2 ) this one, my cpu cooler is a cryorig H7, which has been keeping my temps pretty well, im currently running several chrome tabs and other applications, and im at 44 degrees. When I was trying to shut down my cpu yesterday, I beleive I got into a driver power failure BSOD, which was oddly green and not blue? the Psu is arund 1.5 years old, and everything seems to be perfect, only the shutdown and rockstar games cause microstuttering, but I fear windows may still have a problem, even though I did sfc /scannow checks. My ram is 16 gb at 3733 (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07N43CYMS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ), and they seem fine too

(sorry for the late reply....)

That RAM seems to have difficulty to be OC'ed more than 2666MHz for some people. Your RAM running at 3733 is probably your problem here. 3000-3200MHz for the Ryzen 2700x. Try putting your RAM at 3000MHz for a test.

oolex

Commendable
May 3, 2018
That RAM seems to have difficulty to be OC'ed more than 2666MHz for some people. Your RAM running at 3733 is probably your problem here. 3000-3200MHz for the Ryzen 2700x. Try putting your RAM at 3000MHz for a test.
I'll try to do so, but I was led to believe that higher memory speeds are specifically better for Ryzen CPU's. Thing is, the ram seems to be perfectly fine, in terms of day to day operation, and a bugcheck in event viewer appears to cause this problem/crashes, when trying to shut down.

I'll try to do so, but I was led to believe that higher memory speeds are specifically better for Ryzen CPU's. Thing is, the ram seems to be perfectly fine, in terms of day to day operation, and a bugcheck in event viewer appears to cause this problem/crashes, when trying to shut down.

Yes. For the 3xxx but even then people are having problems running their RAM at 3600MHz. 3733 is way too high for your 2700x.

Just test it. It doesn't hurt and you might find out that it was the cause all along. Instability of your RAM can cause a whole lot of issues. Try 2666MHz. Try 3000MHz. Try 3200MHz.

oolex

Commendable
May 3, 2018
Yes. For the 3xxx but even then people are having problems running their RAM at 3600MHz. 3733 is way too high for your 2700x.

Just test it. It doesn't hurt and you might find out that it was the cause all along. Instability of your RAM can cause a whole lot of issues. Try 2666MHz. Try 3000MHz. Try 3200MHz.
I have tried a few different ram speeds, which all lead to my system being able to shut down, and I think I identified the problem with the microstuttering, which is caused by the Gpu driver. Thing is, whenever I try to update it, I get an error 1603, at every ram speed thst I have tried so I am thinking of going into safe mode then uninstalling then installing the newer ones.

TRENDING THREADS