Windows 10 / Office thinks I don't have internet but I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmateo928

Reputable
Oct 31, 2018
So I found out that multiple Microsoft services (like Office, Windows Update, Windows Store etc.) don't work. I searched online and found out that it's because Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet and I obviously am.

And I started searching for that issue and I've been trying to use the suggestions people said online for 2+ hours now and I literally don't know what to do now as I've tried every single option I found.

I tried editing the registry, enabling NLA, using commands in cmd , also in powershell, changing the adapter settings, resetting the network settings, reinstalling the drivers, installing older drivers, restarting my router, restarting my computer (obviously), using a different ethernet port, resetting my router settings, uninstalling my vpn, changing my ip (it's dhcp), changing my DNS, using a wifi router, using mobile tethering with wifi and 4g, resetting the router, literally using a different route and possibly even more that I can't remember but nothing worked.

Here's the problem in question: https://imgur.com/6n9IOUB

Here's the specifications even though they are probably unnecessary:
Windows 10 1803 (I can't update since it thinks there's no internet, it's been this way since August)
Asus M5A97 R2.0 with Realtek ethernet controllers
AMD FX 8320
GTX 1050
12gb RAM
120GB ssd / 1tb hdd

Thanks

Solution
hacked versions of office will block access to the update site so the hack is not removed and the software appearts to remain activated. typically these will also put a task in the task scheduler so the hack gets reinstalled each day.

these also tend to install their own key server, block updates and modify the dism.exe command to prevent fixing the problem. the hack will suppress the license errors and fake activation.
and attempt to rearm the license so you don't know. if you get updates, then the hack is removed and the pirate software is exposed. (then people want their money back from the pirate, generally these hack will work for 180 days)

If somehow your firewall has blocked it you will need to unblock it.
Malware on your computer can disable updates use ZHPCleaner to check
Failing that as Peter said, reinstall it.
Maybe something has blocked it in the hosts file

if you know what ports you need you can always do port testing to check if blocked.

mmateo928

Reputable
Oct 31, 2018

I disabled my firewall and antivirus software to check out if it would work or not and it didn't. I'm gonna have to run Malwarebytes to check that out too.

hacked versions of office will block access to the update site so the hack is not removed and the software appearts to remain activated. typically these will also put a task in the task scheduler so the hack gets reinstalled each day.

these also tend to install their own key server, block updates and modify the dism.exe command to prevent fixing the problem. the hack will suppress the license errors and fake activation.
and attempt to rearm the license so you don't know. if you get updates, then the hack is removed and the pirate software is exposed. (then people want their money back from the pirate, generally these hack will work for 180 days)

Solution

mmateo928

Reputable
Oct 31, 2018

this is 100% the problem, as the last time windows automatically checked for updates was on the 11th of July and when i went into programs and files in windows settings it said Office was installed on the 11th of July. I'm using a cracked office 2013, and I'm about to uninstall it but I doubt they built their activation check suppressing software into the office uninstaller so it's probably not going to do much but now at least i know where I screwed up, so thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.