Question Windows 10 randomly restarting, clues are in Event Viewer Log

Hello
Recently I've been experiencing random restarts by my computer. I will carry out an anti-virus scan but in the past months I did not change any hardware components, nor did I notice any failures but I do see clues in Windows Event Viewer. I also did not change any windows settings at all for the past few months. This is the second random restart to date (1st random restart was yesterday but I thought it would come to pass). I was asleep when it happened but I did notice I went another random restart after logging into my computer. I also have Windows updates disabled as well. I am not really well verse with event viewer but I feel its my best lead as to why my PC is randomly restarting. My hunch right now is that it is a "Windows thing".

System Log in Event Viewer. Restart happened around 3:19AM when I was asleep
ADWM4W3.png

I also see that event id 5156 is being logged in the Security Log, literally every second. Not sure why

e0be64V.png

Application log. The restart happened around 3:18-3:19AM
Ps6fEHI.png

Ok will do. My specs are all under my sig so I don't have to include it in my post. I have Malware bytes already installed as well. I usually have spybot around for its immunization feature it offers on the host file.
Age of PSU is around 3 years or so.

Actually, it just restarted again (10:25AM)! so from 3:18AM to 10:25:AM that would mean it restarts every 6 hours and 42 minutes.

mao09LE.png

What is security-SPP though. I see a related thread but I have a different event ID (1003) than his.
Event ID 6008 under System Log says that the previous shutdown at 10:26:12AM on 7/28/2024 was unexpected. This puts both spybot and security-SPP under suspicion.

PiwnwE4.png

I also have a program called Last Activity View. It doesn't run on the background but it can track what processes have been running. Can't find anything out of place before the 10:26AM mark unless I am missing something.

VUQnDyr.png

Also thought about Windows 10 end of life support. It's still in 2025. I was thinking they were sending telemetry data or something again of that sort which can cause issues.

Last edited:
I ran sfc /verifyonly instead, which checks if any files are defective and found none. I'm always adamant about the /scannow command because it fixes something but then after running that command system gets messed up so had to reformat. It happened to me back in Windows 7 days.

OBauTGi.png

I turned off Spybot S&D from autoruns (program that lists everything that starts on startup). If it still persists and I see it on the event viewer log again, I will fully uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller. This would leave Security-SPP left most probably.

59ouIKP.png

Also will start my PC from a cold boot, to see if the random restart still persists.