Windows 10 recovery problem.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017
Hi, i have a little problem. My dad accidently deleted some files from his laptop and now its not booting. Only blue recovery screen and says that boot file not found or something similar. I tried literally everything and nothing works. Im also learning IT and know the basics. Tried USB boot, but after i select boot from USB, it just throws me back to recovery blue screen. Tried even resetting BIOS, nothing helps. Is there even anything that i can do? Like i cant even reinstall windows from usb. I have no idea what could cause the problem.

SOME INFO:
Laptop: Compa Presario C57
My dad is okay with losing all his data/files.

peterddamianov

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
You should just wipe the hard drive. take it out of the laptop. There are just some screws and you will get to it. then you can plug it into another pc and use the create and format hard disk partition and delete the old partition. Then you can just put it back in the laptop and then you can reinstall windows from a usb.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017

Thats what i tried.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017

I used the tool to create ISO, and then extracted ISO to my USB.

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017

Yeah thats what i did. I have all the windows files on my USB (Its not my first time im installing win from USB, as i said im learning IT and i know the basics, i have installed windows from USB so many times).

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017

But ill try everything again tomorrow when im home. If nothing helps i will try to remove hard drive and format it using other pc.

bignastyid

Titan

Extracting the ISO does not make a bootable drive. If you still have the ISO you can use Rufus or the Windows usb/dvd download tool.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56485

alexulmiste

Reputable
Sep 29, 2017

Yep. As soon as i select boot from USB it just takes me back to the recovery screen saying that im missing boot file or something. And there is no options on that screen, i just can restart the pc.